2014 Scott Addict SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ketsana

by ketsana

Arkana wrote:
53x12 wrote:
Arkana wrote:Just want to share with "WW" my Scott Addict 10. Been riding this baby for a month now. Is stiff, responsive & comfortable to ride. Now I'm really ADDICTED ... Have you been ADDICT YET !!! :lol:

Can someone guide me to attached my bike picture in this thread :oops:

1. Use a website like imgur.com or something similar.
2. Upload your picture(s) to that website.
3. Once they are uploaded get the direct link.
4. Come over to WW and click reply.
5. In the reply options, go to the top part and click the 'Img' link.
6. Paste in the direct link from where the pictures are uploaded.
7. Submit reply.
8. Done.

Thanks for your help :D

Nice. Do you have a weight and would you mind posting a bigger pic?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Arkana

by Arkana

Arkana wrote:Just want to share with "WW" my Scott Addict 10. Been riding this baby for a month now. Is stiff, responsive & comfortable to ride. Now I'm really ADDICTED ... Have you been ADDICT yet :lol:

Last edited by Arkana on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkana

by Arkana

I don't have the final weight yet from my guessing should be in the region of 7.5kg for my "S" size addict. From the spec sheet 7.11kg for "M" size

ketsana

by ketsana

Love these new colors in this exact order 20>10>SL (unaffordable).

Till now, matte black frames were only reserved for only the top models.

djconnel

by djconnel

Nice! Position seems a bit unconventional, however, with saddle nose pointed down, seat fully forward on a set-back post, and bars rotated up.

mythical

by mythical

That said, a downward saddle position might compensate for painful hotspots or hip rotation issues, and those upward pointing bars can alleviate wrist discomfort. Enjoy your riding, ketsana! :thumbup:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Thanks for sharing your bike - very envious! Forgive me, but what's that group with the black crank?

IMHO, Scott continues to miss the mark with their graphics / color schemes on their Addicts and the brand new ones are no different. Barring their 2011 models (and their all black frames - who can screw those up?), I think their entire Addict lineup from day one has been poor. Credit them for trying to be unique instead of following the masses, but the outcome hasn't been one bit inspiring. Here's to hoping they can make a drop-dead gorgeous graphics / color scheme one day. All that said, I'd still be grateful if a new one dropped into my price range one day.

2011 Addict R1

ketsana

by ketsana

Not my bike. It is arkana's.
I have an addict rc which I got a smoking deal on end of last season

I personally like the tron style silhouette graphics.
Last edited by ketsana on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

loudtiger

by loudtiger

Johnny Rad wrote:Thanks for sharing your bike - very envious! Forgive me, but what's that group with the black crank?

IMHO, Scott continues to miss the mark with their graphics / color schemes on their Addicts and the brand new ones are no different. Barring their 2011 models (and their all black frames - who can screw those up?), I think their entire Addict lineup from day one has been poor. Credit them for trying to be unique instead of following the masses, but the outcome hasn't been one bit inspiring. Here's to hoping they can make a drop-dead gorgeous graphics / color scheme one day. All that said, I'd still be grateful if a new one dropped into my price range one day.

2011 Addict R1

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img17/1841/mx9x.jpg[img]

I like the later 2011 Addict color schemes more than the old ones. Here's my 08...still undecided on which color i like more on the new Addict.

Arkana

by Arkana

Both Addict 10 & 20 uses the same HMF frame. Main different is the groupset with Addict 10 comes with full Ultegra 6800(11s) & Addict 20 comes with a mixture of Ultegra 6700(10s)+105+Tiagra.

At the moment the all new 2014 Scott Addict comes with mechanical groupset only.

Weight/Frame/Groupset/Colour: Base on M(54) size spec
Addict SL(HMX-SL) 5.88kg /Full SRAM Red22(11s)/Matte Black with Red
Addict Team(HMX) 6.17kg /Full Dura-Ace(11s)/Gloss Black with Green
Addict 10 (HMF) 7.11kg /Full Ultegra(11s)/Matte Black with White
Addict 20 (HMF) 7.73kg /Mix Ultegra(10s)+105+Tiagra/Matte Black with Grey

RedRacer

by RedRacer

Addict SL(HMX-SL) Matte Black with Red
Addict Team(HMX) Gloss Black with Green

Does anyone know the weight difference between these two frame sets or have an educated guess?

mythical

by mythical

ketsana wrote:Not my bike. It is arkana's.
My bad. Apologies for the confusion.

loudtiger wrote:I like the later 2011 Addict color schemes more than the old ones. Here's my 08...still undecided on which color i like more on the new Addict.
I find that the '08 R1 still has the best graphics of all original Addicts, especially one size smaller than yours. This was mine:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

huddini

by huddini

Mythical: Nice bike! I agree 08 is the best looking Scotts ever made.

Loudtiger: Do your self a favor: Get the right size next time.

loudtiger

by loudtiger

huddini:
I hadnt ridden the bike yet at that point. it was the first shot after putting it together.

I think what gets me is the gray/silver used on the graphics instead of a white. just looks more updated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addict

by addict

Anyone who has ridden new SL and can compare it with old '07 Addict Ltd?
what are the reasons to switch to a new model except of aerodynamics?

I'm afraid to get too soft (comfortable!) frame according to web reviews... I didn't like foil team issue concept during the test ride. It's to dull comparing to '07 addict ltd, something like giant adv SL.. if you know what I mean :lol:
The only comparable to my addict ltd bike was Astana's trek madone 6.9 (the real team bike).. may be it somehow better.. :thumbup: