Kalloy Uno Ultralight.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

knightskid

by knightskid

flying wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:00 am
knightskid wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:09 am
Am using the same uno stem, do note their instruction of installing that come with the manual, the top part need to touch each other and torque, then follow by the bottom to torque which won't touch each other.

What i don't like is the steerer area which is thin and touches just the inner edge of the spacer, i do prefer thicker so as to flush with the spacer.
Have used Kalloy/Uno for many years never had a instructions included or heard about that touching on top & open bottom?

About the spacers I think we mentioned earlier in thread .....there are different O.O for different spacers
There are spacers that match the Kalloy perfectly
Will search the thread for the spacer.

Here is the one i have and the instruction as shown.
Attachments
uno.jpg
uno.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 3461 times
Untitled.png

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I've ditched my Uno stems back in favour of Deda...I know the Uno is lighter but the casting/shape just puts me off and I've found one set Ti screws fit one stem but not another...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hoven

by Hoven

Which Wahoo bolt outfront for a -17 uno is the best at the moment?

Pumpster

by Pumpster

My customers seem to love these stems. I've seen them on many of their bikes! It's decent and a good all-round stem but I still prefer my trusty Hyperstem which also has a lower clamping height (38mm vs 40mm) which I prefer.

BenScott144

by BenScott144

(Sorry the first grim set of scales!) 100mm -7 from eBay seller "superbicycle.shop-uk"

Just waiting for a raceware faceplate mount to turn up (went for 24mm). Then will decide on titanium bolts.

Don't think I'm going to acetone mine yet.

BenScott144

by BenScott144

Anyone know lightweight spacers that fit nicely with the Uno?
These carbon ones are only 10g for 20mm, but they look awful with the uno!

g32ecs

by g32ecs

knightskid wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 am
flying wrote:
knightskid wrote:
Am using the same uno stem, do note their instruction of installing that come with the manual, the top part need to touch each other and torque, then follow by the bottom to torque which won't touch each other.

What i don't like is the steerer area which is thin and touches just the inner edge of the spacer, i do prefer thicker so as to flush with the spacer.
Have used Kalloy/Uno for many years never had a instructions included or heard about that touching on top & open bottom?

About the spacers I think we mentioned earlier in thread .....there are different O.O for different spacers

Where did you get your stem from?

The only US seller on eBay isn't really in the US but HK. Need one in a pinch unfortunately.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Here's mine (Point One Racing Nano-Second spacer). It's machined aluminum and super light. They are very thin so perfect for the Uno stem. I got them from TorotoCycles. Good luck as they are hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingnut

by Wingnut

They look really nice! Unfortunately Toronto are not open online at the moment...

dlj2119

by dlj2119

g32ecs wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:33 pm
knightskid wrote:
flying wrote:
knightskid wrote:

The only US seller on eBay isn't really in the US but HK. Need one in a pinch unfortunately.
mr_ride on ebay has them shipped from oregon. got one in may, still took 9 days, but faster than HK.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Are you sure it came from OR? 9 days is quite sometime for domestic.

My Google search took me to FWB but boy, I dont want to overpay neither. I guess I'll just have to suck it up for waiting for a long time from Asia.

knightskid

by knightskid

g32ecs wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:33 pm
knightskid wrote:
flying wrote:
knightskid wrote:

Bought mine from taobao, the chinese aliexpress. Aliexpress also have it too if you are not able to get from taobao directly.

pokemon

by pokemon

Mine 100mm with Ti bolts came just 99g, pretty satisfied.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Bit the bullet with mr_ride on eBay as Im in a bit of a pinch with my build. Lets see if he comes through. Theres a neutral feedback that says he ships from Asia but otherwise most feedback said "fast shipping".

He did also said he ships from Oregon. Only time will tell.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I've bought lots of stuff from Mr_ride and everything shipped from Oregon. A good seller.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com