CAAD10 paint chips

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
dongo

by dongo

Valbrona wrote:What a **** bicycle company that can't manage to supply its consumers with a little pot of 'Cannondale green' touch up paint. Pathetic.

Yeah I let them know it was unacceptable to pay $6500 for a bike then not be able to get a thimble of touch up paint. Back in the early 90's when I was out of college and bought my first Cannondale their customer service was excellent, you'd call 1-800-BIKE-USA and they would answer any question or send you what you needed - many times gratis. Now the bikes are made in China and the customer service is lacking. Sad, really.

by Weenie

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

just roll with it man. Builds character to the frame.

younggil

by younggil

Touch them up with orange nail polish!

superdx

by superdx

Those are deep gouges, I doubt touch up paint is going to make it any better. It means that you're going to have to use a lot of paint, it'll probably end up looking blobby plus it's not going to match. It's probably going to look even worse after you apply it.

You could probably just get a shop to repaint both sides of the chainstays to a different color, i.e. black/white so that it's consistent. Would also make your bike stand out too. That shouldn't run more than $100-300.

Since you're doing it for aesthetics, might as well do a good job of it.

racersir

by racersir

Nail polish works great for touch up

Ahillock

by Ahillock

dongo wrote:
Valbrona wrote:What a **** bicycle company that can't manage to supply its consumers with a little pot of 'Cannondale green' touch up paint. Pathetic.

Yeah I let them know it was unacceptable to pay $6500 for a bike then not be able to get a thimble of touch up paint. Back in the early 90's when I was out of college and bought my first Cannondale their customer service was excellent, you'd call 1-800-BIKE-USA and they would answer any question or send you what you needed - many times gratis. Now the bikes are made in China and the customer service is lacking. Sad, really.

Sadly to be expected. As companies look to cut expenses and resources, is is usually customer service that takes the first hit. Never the CEO/president's salary (at least not commonly).

Cycloids

by Cycloids

Do you know what model Charger paint you ordered?

dongo wrote:I was looking for the same color touch up for my SuperSix - "Bezerker Green." I emailed Cannondale and they told me that they don't sell touch up paint anymore but said: "We suggest using Dupli-Color® Scratch Fix All-in-1. They make a wide variety of colors and are easy to apply. Most Auto parts stores will have a wide range of colors available." Turns out this stuff comes in a lot of greens and so I pressed them on the exact color, they came back and said: "It is the same bright lime green used on some of the Dodge Charger/Challangers."

That shade of green is not available in the Dupli-Color, but after a little research I found out that the Dodge green is called "sublime" and there's a place called AutomoticeTouchUp dot com that sells it in small bottles or pens and it worked great.

Good luck.

evan326

by evan326

It looks like AY111FFB is the color code he is referring to. Great find. I have the same color!
I also was pretty upset when I emailed them about touch up paint, and they told me to use enamel paint like for model planes. They wouldn't even give me any help with matching.

Cycloids

by Cycloids

evan326 wrote:It looks like AY111FFB is the color code he is referring to. Great find. I have the same color!
I also was pretty upset when I emailed them about touch up paint, and they told me to use enamel paint like for model planes. They wouldn't even give me any help with matching.

There are 3 codes FFB/AFB is the most common I saw AY111FFB as well.
Its tricky!

evan326

by evan326

I see what you mean now