-17 degree stems for 1.25" steerers

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
CoppiCat1

by CoppiCat1

Hi Carpetfibre,

Did you manage to set your Canyon up with the -17 Specialized CLP Multi stem? I want to do the same thing for my Canyon. I've ordered a -17 Spesh CLP stem into my LBS and I now need to work out how to source the shim.

Could you give any advice on the thickness the shim needs to be (obviously 1 1/4" internal diameter) and where you bought it /had it made?

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="CoppiCat1"]Hi Carpetfibre,

Did you manage to set your Canyon up with the -17 Specialized CLP Multi stem? I want to do the same thing for my Canyon. I've ordered a -17 Spesh CLP stem into my LBS and I now need to work out how to source the shim.

Could you give any advice on the thickness the shim needs to be (obviously 1 1/4" internal diameter) and where you bought it /had it made?

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)[/quote]

Any luck on obtaining the specifics of the shim and how do you like the Spesh CLP stem?

Thanks in advance.

xntrickly

by xntrickly

[quote="CarpetFibre"]Ah, I think that's me solved then - I can fit a Specialized stem to my canyon as I have a special shim here that'll do the trick. I didn't know they came as -17, I thought they only came -12 and -4 but that's great news if they do. Now comes the challenge of trying to find one...[/quote]

Where did you get the shim from? How much? What does it weigh?

Thanks.