Cervelo RCA Vs. Trek Madone 7 Vapor Vs. Cannondale SuperSix

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Which would you pick?

Cervelo RCA
40%
Trek Madone 7 VaporWeight
17%
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Black
43%

Total votes: 128

coppercook62

by coppercook62

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/02/23/nah ... ring-home/
could always order the UL version of this

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jcumpstay

by jcumpstay

drchull wrote:Some days I love WW.....

I bet this isn't what the OP was expecting when he posted his question about which of these amazing frames to buy. (buy the Rolo)

Your right. This thread has definitely deviated. It has however been both an interesting and enlightening experience to read the posts that have eventuated.

I'm still leaning towards the Rca at this point....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd lean towards the... (checks self, still finds it hard to admit)... Trek. It's just that the geometry is a much better fit for me (esp w/ the shorter head tube and seat angle) than the Cannondale (usually leave me with little standover), and the Cervelo is so hideously costly.

But that's just how my body is arrayed. Fit is a critical design component, so always factor that in.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I never fancied Trek (hate to admit but it's probably because it doesn't have a boutique bike aura to it), but after seeing the Madone 7 in person, I definitely prefer its solid chunky tubes to the skinny ones of typical lightweight frames. Its purported aero features makes its weight even more impressive.

jcumpstay

by jcumpstay

drchull wrote:If you can afford to RCa why not a custom Crumpton, Parlee or even better the A2J bike.

Been doing a lot of research on both the Crumpton, Parlee & Rolo (A2J) framesets. Think i have complicated things even further now. Pretty sure i could get what i want in any one of these three frames, it comes down to which one and why... Pretty sad when the the hardest decision becomes a choice between three top end custom carbon frameset manufacturers :(

Andrew69

by Andrew69

jcumpstay wrote:Received word back from the LBS here in Australia. six to eight week wait for the RCA frameset and $11,000 AU. I still can't believe they market this thing with the heavy Rotor gear!

What a joke. Considering the AU$1 is about US$1.05, we get ripped off again!

Specialized is another company that likes to rip Aussies a new a#$3hole as well!

djconnel

by djconnel

Not necessarily -- in California like most US states we pay a sales tax, for example here in San Francisco it's 8.75%, which isn't part of a quoted price so my price would be $10875. If there's taxes and/or duties in Australia which must be incorporated into the price, that would explain the difference.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

That was one thing that drove me nuts when we travelled across the US a few years ago. Price on the shelf was one thing and then when you get to the register, you get slugged state sales tax!
A big no no here in Oz. All prices advertised must include all taxes and be the final price paid

Regardless, Im not paying that kind of money for something my son would probably break by kicking his soccer ball at anyway!

drchull

by drchull

Think that is bad try crossing the border into Canada where the same item is 50-100% more expensive then they slap 7-14% sales tax on top of that. Oh and before we get to spend double on things we pay a lot more income tax. Can't blame shipping for that one. Don't even get me started on the price of flying in Canada (read triple the cost).

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Just received my SuperSix Evo Black Inc (mouthfull) frame set.

Pretty happy to have it finally after much delay. Bonus is that it came with the SiSL2 crank which I wasn't expecting.

Have a scale shot but can't figure out how to upload the photo. So you'll just have to take my word for it (WW's honour) that it came in at 715g for a size 56.

Cheers

GJ

sigismond0

by sigismond0

Oh yeah, it's pretty hard to argue with getting a $1000 Weight Weenie Approved crankset thrown in! Is that weight just the frame or frame+fork?

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Lul, with a fork in addition to the frame, that would suggest a 450 gram frame. Not happening...

Not surprised at all that the Evo Black weighs that much. Still haven't seen a real Evo that matches claimed weight

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Ha! I wish frame and fork.

No, that's just the frame. Fork uncut is 321g.

Epic-o

by Epic-o

justkeepedaling wrote:Lul, with a fork in addition to the frame, that would suggest a 450 gram frame. Not happening...

Not surprised at all that the Evo Black weighs that much. Still haven't seen a real Evo that matches claimed weight

Because they are claiming Zedler's normalized weight not the real one...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com