Frame size, new bike fitting, questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

It’s not uncommon for riders who don’t do frequent fondo length rides to fatigue their left hand while riding a bike with mechanical shifting. I was ridiculed for mentioning this a while back, but it’s true. It’s even more true for people who do audax / ultra-distance.

dsk28

by dsk28

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:13 pm
It’s not uncommon for riders who don’t do frequent fondo length rides to fatigue their left hand while riding a bike with mechanical shifting. I was ridiculed for mentioning this a while back, but it’s true. It’s even more true for people who do audax / ultra-distance.
I did increase my fondo from once a month to the weekly Sunday ride, although I am using electronic shifting the fatigue could be from the amount of braking I had to do while descending a short but sharp climb earlier (5km elevation + 5 km descent with max gradients of 12%)

Looking to return the stem to my original fitter's position next.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

titof

by titof

Sorry if this is wrong here.

Call
Me incapable but how the f do I get the stis aligned identical?

I got a Thomson drop with no markings.

I used a tape measure to get the clamps the same distance from the end but damn, the angles are a tough one to get to the same. Any Tipps or tricks?

Cheers

d12u

by d12u

Hi all. I have a question about bike fit.

I got recommended a 48 cm Cervelo S Series by a bike fitter. There's been repeated delays in getting the bike because of Covid and so now I'm thinking of going to an in-stock S5 instead. Not really sure what to do with sizing though.

For the S series, the fitter felt a reach of 360 mm and 120 mm stem would be ideal with a stack of 505 mm and 15 mm of spacers.

The corresponding reach and stack for the 48 cm S5 and 51 cm S5 would be 367/496 and 376/519, respectively. Im partial to the latter as I think the S5 looks a bit odd with spacers and the 51 cm would allow me to do without.

I will try the bikes once lockdown is lifted but just wanted to see if anyone with more bike fit knowledge than me has any thoughts or suggestions.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

d12u wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:49 pm
Hi all. I have a question about bike fit.

I got recommended a 48 cm Cervelo S Series by a bike fitter. There's been repeated delays in getting the bike because of Covid and so now I'm thinking of going to an in-stock S5 instead. Not really sure what to do with sizing though.

For the S series, the fitter felt a reach of 360 mm and 120 mm stem would be ideal with a stack of 505 mm and 15 mm of spacers.

The corresponding reach and stack for the 48 cm S5 and 51 cm S5 would be 367/496 and 376/519, respectively. Im partial to the latter as I think the S5 looks a bit odd with spacers and the 51 cm would allow me to do without.

I will try the bikes once lockdown is lifted but just wanted to see if anyone with more bike fit knowledge than me has any thoughts or suggestions.

You would need a 100mm stem with the 51cm and would be in between a 110mm/120mm stem with the 48cm.

matteof93

by matteof93

Hi everyone, I need help for choosing the size of a Scott Addict Endurance 10 road bike.
My data: 180 cm height, 90 cm inseam, 79.4 cm saddle - bb distance (I have long legs).
My current bike: Canyon Roadlite, 57 cm seat tube, 55.4 cm virtual top tube, 378 mm reach, 594 mm stack, no spacers, -17° 120 mm stem (but a -12° probably would be better)

Scott Addict Endurance size 54
54,5 cm virtual top tube
381 mm reach
571 mm stack
48 cm seat tube c/c

Scott Addict Endurance size 56
56 cm virtual top tube
385 mm reach
592 mm stack
50 cm seat tube c/c

Both are ok in terms of reach and stack: no spacers and 110 stem with 56, few spacers and 120 stem with 54. Problems with size 54 are: te 54,5 cm virtual top tube sounds too short...as well as the 48 cm c/c seat tube (I would need a 400 mm seatpost).

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

matteof93 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:43 pm
Hi everyone, I need help for choosing the size of a Scott Addict Endurance 10 road bike.
My data: 180 cm height, 90 cm inseam, 79.4 cm saddle - bb distance (I have long legs).
My current bike: Canyon Roadlite, 57 cm seat tube, 55.4 cm virtual top tube, 378 mm reach, 594 mm stack, no spacers, -17° 120 mm stem (but a -12° probably would be better)

54,5 cm virtual top tube
381 mm reach
571 mm stack
48 cm seat tube c/c

56 cm virtual top tube
385 mm reach
592 mm stack
50 cm seat tube c/c

Both are ok in terms of reach and stack: no spacers and 110 stem with 56, few spacers and 120 stem with 54. Problems with size 54 are: te 54,5 cm virtual top tube sounds too short...as well as the 48 cm c/c seat tube (I would need a 400 mm seatpost).

Go with the 56cm. The additional 5mm in front-center should also help keep your center-of-mass closer to the mid-point between the wheel-axles.

baldheadbiomed

by baldheadbiomed

Question about disc brake pad retaining bolts: Does SRAM bolts for Elixir + Code brakes work with Shimano R7000 calipers? Are both M4?

https://r2-bike.com/AVID-Bremsbelagbolz ... e-2-Stueck

+

= fit? Or are perhaps the SRAM bolts too short or have M3 thread?

JAMSXR

by JAMSXR

matteof93 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:43 pm

54,5 cm virtual top tube
381 mm reach
571 mm stack
48 cm seat tube c/c

56 cm virtual top tube
385 mm reach
592 mm stack
50 cm seat tube c/c

I would get a bike fit. I was recently in your position, and the shop, manufacture etc. were all pointing towards a 56... I ended up with a 54 and after a bike fit I couldn't be happier.

pmprego

by pmprego

Sorry but... can someone give the guy a bikefit? He's in another continent so it's hard for me to do it.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

paquito

by paquito

Hi everyone,

I'm considering to buy a new Pinarello Prince. After a bize fitting I know, that my size should be a 600. However, I can't find any information on the length of the seatpost. In particular, It must be possible for me to reach a saddle height of 87.5cm. Can anyone tell me how long the uncut seatpost delivered with the current Dogmas/Prince models is and how the min. insertion has to be?

Thanks

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Hi everyone,

I got my eyes on a Caad 13 Rim brake version. I’m 177cm tall and my inseam is about 83cm, so I should go with frame size 54. Unfortunately there is only 56 and 51 available at the store. I can’t try them because of distance, so I have to order one of them.

The geometry of the canyon Aeroad 2019 in Size S fits me perfectly. The 51 seems better than the 56 to me.

Which would you recommend ?Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicShite

by MagicShite

titof wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:47 am

Call

I used a tape measure to get the clamps the same distance from the end but damn, the angles are a tough one to get to the same. Any Tipps or tricks?

Cheers
1. The markings on these handlebars are usually wrong. You won't get them aligned following the markings. I don't know why they always get these wrong. All my shimano handlebars with those markings are WRONG AF.
2. Use a reference STI. Take Right for example as reference, set it up to your liking. Then using a tread, tension it across the Left STI (on the same spot, i usually use the nubs on the top of the lever) and then make sure the tread is parallel to the handlebar.
3. Then for the angle adjustment, I usually do it by feel/look.

simbikotic

by simbikotic

MagicShite wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:42 pm
titof wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:47 am

Call

Cheers
1. The markings on these handlebars are usually wrong. You won't get them aligned following the markings. I don't know why they always get these wrong. All my shimano handlebars with those markings are WRONG AF.
2. Use a reference STI. Take Right for example as reference, set it up to your liking. Then using a tread, tension it across the Left STI (on the same spot, i usually use the nubs on the top of the lever) and then make sure the tread is parallel to the handlebar.
3. Then for the angle adjustment, I usually do it by feel/look.
+1 those lines are always wrong. One tip: if you are early in the build and cables are not connected. You can mount them to the bar off the bike on a table or flat surface. Then adjust until it does wobble when standing on the points of the levers and the base of the drops.

Otherwise, just do it by eye and feel. If it looks right and feels right... Who cares?

mendieta

by mendieta

Im 166,5 cm, inseam 78 cm, saddle height 68,3 cm and got offer for Pinarello Dogma F10 size 50. Anyone here with my height what size Dogma do you have ? Maybe i should find 46.5 size as it has shorter top tube 51.5 cm)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com