Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

phlip wrote:I just discovered the HF-FM296 on HongFu's website. HongFu quotes me 435 USD for it, while they ask for 660 USD for both the HF-FM066 and HF-FM069. Why is the price so significantly less for the HF-FM296? Is the HF-FM296 really a new 2014 model?

This is new member weeni here. but as a secret, i know other chinese supplier offer FM066 frameset 600usd/set, it is for frame, fork, seatpost.
All chinese FM066-SL are same frame from Feibo factory, you can get the best price.

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

ChiZ01 wrote:i think it uses lower grade carbon

the factory change the old frame FM-015 into new frame FM-296, the new feature is with all inner cables, and a little lighter.
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nicos

by Nicos

I'm sold on the higher grade carbon fiber, but I wish there would be more choices and especially something shaped like a propel for example... :)
Maybe if I wait long enough it will happen...

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Does anyone have the weight of an FM069SL in 53 frame and fork?

While I wait for an estimate on frame repair after extensive damage, I'm considering my options... while I absolutely *LOVE* my current frame and it rides like no other - but possibly too stiff actually - if there is an opportunity to go lighter with a wash in cost, it may be worth considering.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

micky

by micky

weeni wrote:

the factory change the old frame FM-015 into new frame FM-296, the new feature is with all inner cables, and a little lighter.

What does make you think it's a development of the FM015? There's absolutely nothing that remind of it.

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

micky wrote:
weeni wrote:

What does make you think it's a development of the FM015? There's absolutely nothing that remind of it.

i asked chinese other supplier, then they told me.

Bonefish

by Bonefish

prendrefeu wrote:Does anyone have the weight of an FM069SL in 53 frame and fork?

While I wait for an estimate on frame repair after extensive damage, I'm considering my options... while I absolutely *LOVE* my current frame and it rides like no other - but possibly too stiff actually - if there is an opportunity to go lighter with a wash in cost, it may be worth considering.

i was told 869g by Cherry at hongfu

maxxevv

by maxxevv

That 896g would most definitely exclude the fork. They are typically in the 360-380g range.
If included, the frame would be in the 530+g range !

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Thanks Bonefish & maxxevv. It isn't quite light enough to justify a wash, but worth the thought. I'm considering other options too. :twisted:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Pivens

by Pivens

Here is mine. It's a 45cm IP066 SL, (the same as FM066 SL) the frame weighs exactly 850g, and the bike, as pictured, weighs in at ~6.7 kg.
The build is still not definitive though, as non matching yellow housings will go in favour of black or matching highlight yellow housings.

Bonefish

by Bonefish

maxxevv wrote:That 896g would most definitely exclude the fork. They are typically in the 360-380g range.

Sorry. Yes the 869 was the frame only.

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Here are surprising news about the frame.
I has 32c spare tyres at home for my future cyclocross bike project, and I wanted to try them on my FM066SL.

It fits!
It really fits!

I am so surprised that this frame can accept that wide tyres.

I measured front wheel 30mm and rear 29. Rear works perfect. There is a bit rub on front, but it is because my front wheels is not true.
I believe if I change my rear and front tyre, they will fit perfect. (29mm on front and 30mm at rear)

(I know saddle angle is wrong, I will change it. Also there is no cassette on wheels, since I don't use them...)

hernluis

by hernluis

any body have issues installing an ultegra double 6800 derailleur. ive heard some issues with other dengfu frames that the spring hits the frame.

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

Bonefish wrote:
maxxevv wrote:That 896g would most definitely exclude the fork. They are typically in the 360-380g range.

Sorry. Yes the 869 was the frame only.

In fact, FM-066-SL and FM069 with nearly same weight, just different frame model/shape.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

My size 50 FM069 frame was 880g
Instagram @seanblurr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com