Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ooo

by ooo

Anyone got any tips for a seat post slipping down
add this second clamp:
BBB PostFix BSP-97
'

by Weenie

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Hi
After good experience with carbon wheels from china i thinking to buy a good quality light carbonframe for climbing
Can anyone tell me good companys ( like farsport or lightbycicle for wheels)
Thanks a lot

Natasha

by Natasha

DrewXT wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 pm
Nefarious86 wrote:DR went and had his arse handed to him on a bunch of rides local to PG and then decided to make up farytail numbers to try and say PG was doping. The guy is a vial, petty and malicious piece of excrement.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Lots of interesting stories about him if you google him... Not the sort of bloke I'd want me daughter running into that's for sure...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Lol well Im someones daughter and my Dad loves him. Don't believe anon hate sites about people. Meet people in real life before you judge them. Wouldnt you want that from other people towards your children? Treat others how you want to be treated...
Female WW cyclist on Youtube [YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNfta0 ... OHypUYZAGA[/YouTube]

Natasha

by Natasha

ooo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 pm
Anyone got any tips for a seat post slipping down
add this second clamp:
BBB PostFix BSP-97
Great idea. :)
I put some carbon paste in it and it hasnt slipped again.
Female WW cyclist on Youtube [YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNfta0 ... OHypUYZAGA[/YouTube]

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Natasha wrote:

4. Why can't we keep the facts and discussion on bikes vs aggressive name calling and getting personal? Lets be respectful to fellow forum members here please.
Actually he isn't a member.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Natasha

by Natasha

Looks like all his posts are still here. Looks like he is a member.

Thing that is great about forums is people can always hide behind other accounts and nobody really knows who they are. Like you, nobody knows who you are. You could be DR for all we know. :)

DR is an absolute legend and with over 300 million views on youtube he gets recognised every time we are on a ride together. People wave or ask for a selfie. His bike brand is booming right now.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Actually I'm easy to find. Bye Harley.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

fattywilliams

by fattywilliams

Anyone got any experience with Chinese TT bikes? Looking for brand recommendations ideally under 600gbp is it worth getting one with the integrated tt handlebars or are they a bit shit/dodgy I have a velobulld gravel bike which I'm pretty please with but don't think they are quite as good quality as deng fu, workswell, light carbon ect

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Natasha wrote:Looks like all his posts are still here. Looks like he is a member.

Thing that is great about forums is people can always hide behind other accounts and nobody really knows who they are. Like you, nobody knows who you are. You could be DR for all we know. :)

DR is an absolute legend and with over 300 million views on youtube he gets recognised every time we are on a ride together. People wave or ask for a selfie. His bike brand is booming right now.
Wouldn’t call him a legend and there seem to be as many haters as fans, lots of rumours and bad stories.
Personally I enjoy his context, I’ve disagreed on his YouTube videos and he’s always been respectful with his replies.
As for the rumours until there’s anything concrete it’s just rumours.
He’s certainly an interesting character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickk

by nickk

Guys, do you have any recommendations for critracing openmould framesets? Comparable to Giant TCR / Cannondale Supersix geometry?

abedfo

by abedfo

Just having a look at chinese open mould frames as my current frame has a crack in it. Stumbled across the "Leadnovo LN-Sola1" on a certain aliexpress. Does anyone have any experience with Leadnovo and is the frame OEM or a potential counterfeit mould?

I've really fallen in love with the look of it and the paintjob which is quite classy and a bit different from my current stealth build!

jlmcabral

by jlmcabral

abedfo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:00 am
Just having a look at chinese open mould frames as my current frame has a crack in it. Stumbled across the "Leadnovo LN-Sola1" on a certain aliexpress. Does anyone have any experience with Leadnovo and is the frame OEM or a potential counterfeit mould?

I've really fallen in love with the look of it and the paintjob which is quite classy and a bit different from my current stealth build!

From what I can see it is a copy of the Specialized Tarmac so you might get in trouble in the customs if you are importing it from China.

DrewXT

by DrewXT

jlmcabral wrote:
abedfo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:00 am

From what I can see it is a copy of the Specialized Tarmac so you might get in trouble in the customs if you are importing it from China.
How? I've never seen a customs agent who cares about a product that looks like another one

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

skyboy

by skyboy

I've read about fake designer clothes being seized but if there are no Specialized decals on the bike there is no way they will figure out it's a Tarmac clone.

by Weenie

JUKKA2668

by JUKKA2668

Hi all, i added a post here 2 years ago when i build up my Tantan carbon frame. Recently just gotten a warranty replacement for it after almost 2years of riding Seraph TT-X1, just before warranty ends. The original frame had a apparent down tube hair line crack, of which i shown to some of my friends "not expert" and they refers could be just carbon layup lining.

I had to pay for shipping and clear coat painting around 75usd. New frame they send over had revamped seat clamp that mimics Aeroad style and was better. So overall it still does rides great and they do honor their warranty, after few days of exchange. One thing i notice is their aliexpress page don't have much "reviews", it could be they always renew their sale post/ multiple similar post.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-07-09 at 8.42.39 PM(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-07-09 at 8.42.39 PM.jpeg
crack line.png