Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

by Weenie

skyboy

by skyboy

raisinberry777 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:24 pm
It's also sold by Light Carbon:

https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon ... e_p19.html
That frame is different
I found some more though, it's a dengfu R06 and seraph(tantan) FM-R06

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

skyboy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:38 pm
raisinberry777 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:24 pm
It's also sold by Light Carbon:

https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon ... e_p19.html
That frame is different
I found some more though, it's a dengfu R06 and seraph(tantan) FM-R06
Oops, I missed that you said the Aero bike rather than the race bike. The aero bike does appear to be the Dengfu R06 - the geometry chart seems to be a dead giveaway.

skyboy

by skyboy

Here's another one that I am interested in but can't figure out if it's an open mould frame

Ribble endurance SL (R)

Ribbles prices have gone too high for me, I'd be better ordering from Canyon if I wanted to spend that much but if I could get this frame for $500 - 700 it might be a nice option. I've checked the usual Chinese sites and no luck.

BiscuitHarrington

by BiscuitHarrington

That ribble looks like a nice bike built up, bump!

hajimen

by hajimen

I rode my Workswell WCB-R-095 from Aug 2017 and I'm very happy. This is my impression.

Pros:
Exotic aero looking.
Stable and crisp handling.
Direct mount brakes.
No serious problem after 10,000 km.

Cons:
Not super stiff for the weight. Stiffer than super light frames.
Hard to set back the saddle enough, especially small sizes.
Original handlebar hits my knee when standing on the pedals.
Practically it requires eTap.
Assembling is a nightmare. You may need three or four hands.

I think the saddle setback will be a fatal problem for many people. My bike's size is 52, but the maximum saddle setback is around 60 mm. I don't recommend 49 / 46.

The handlebar was a problem for me. The backward overhang of the topbar is a common mistake of the era. FSA Vision Metron 5D, PRO Vibe Aero, etc, etc... FSA fixed the problem on Metron 6D. But many brands avoided the problem too, like Scott or Cervelo. Workswell failed.
WCB-R-095 requires uncommon handlebar for rear brake cable routing, and I need C-C 38 cm. In addition, aero looking, of course. So I had few options: Drilling or Cervelo HB-AB06. I chose the former.

I thought rear BB brake is bad design, but I've changed my mind. Yes it is hard to assembly, but it is good to ride, because it has better cable routing for internal. Traditional seatstay brake isn't very good for internal routing.

If you are tall enough to ride size 52 or bigger, don't need a super stiff / super light bike, don't hesitate to buy a better handlebar and eTap, Workswell WCB-R-095 is an excellent choice.
_5020003.jpg
_5020004.jpg
_5020005.jpg
_5020006.jpg

PrinceEdward

by PrinceEdward

Works well! Lol!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Anyone have any experience with ICAN's A9 Aero frameset? Looks like a Merida Reacto and combo of Scott Foil/Venge...geometry similar on those as well.

https://icancycling.com/collections/roa ... e-frame-a9

Thanks

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Zigmeister wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:29 pm
Anyone have any experience with ICAN's A9 Aero frameset? Looks like a Merida Reacto and combo of Scott Foil/Venge...geometry similar on those as well.

Thanks
That geometry... It's a really tall bike.
While Specialized Tarmac SL6 bb drop is around 74 for small sizes and 72 for larger sizes.
Your ICAN is 66mm drop on all the size, 8mm taller bottom bracket than Tarmac. Otherwise, good choice using 50mm fork rake as default to help smaller sizes's handling.
Hmm, i wonder if they have any intention for the bike to be use with 650b wheel size? If it is the case, then that tall bb totally make sense.

Size 49+ 650b aero wheelset + Continental GP5000 28c-650b + short cranks on that frameset must be smoking sweet combo.

silvalis

by silvalis

It is quite tall, but not too dissimmilar to older geo stuff. Eg, a 2015 R3 is 68mm, a ridley noah sl is 66, a current TCR is 68.
Chasse patate

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Hexsense wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:47 pm
Zigmeister wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Thanks
That geometry... It's a really tall bike.
While Specialized Tarmac SL6 bb drop is around 74 for small sizes and 72 for larger sizes.
Your ICAN is 66mm drop on all the size, 8mm taller bottom bracket than Tarmac. Otherwise, good choice using 50mm fork rake as default to help smaller sizes's handling.
Hmm, i wonder if they have any intention for the bike to be use with 650b wheel size? If it is the case, then that tall bb totally make sense.

Size 49+ 650b aero wheelset + Continental GP5000 28c-650b + short cranks on that frameset must be smoking sweet combo.

The geometry for a 54cm is nearly identical to the Merida Reacto 8000 bike. That is Merida's top of the line aero bike. It isn't tall at all.
Also, geometry is nearly exact on every spec of the Scott Foil Premium Disc size 54cm. Only a few of the geometry are not identical, and they are a few mm/half of a mm off in some respects.

Again, not sure why you think this bike isn't an almost replicate of the Merida Reacto or Scott Foil, it looks like a Merida nearly, and the geometry of the above bikes are nearly the same.

Anyway, question was to anybody if they actually have any experience and have bought this frame.

Thanks

d36

by d36

New bike day :)

Ican ac388 frame (specialized crux geo)
My do it all bike with two sets of wheels
Fits 48t front so good for my low grade crits hah

Not full weight weenie but with road wheels it will come in at 7.3kg once I replace the chinese axles
7.4kg in gravel/cx mode

fattywilliams

by fattywilliams

Anyone know of any feedback on the costelo bikes mate is Intrested in buying whole bike off them I'm skeptical as can't find much info about them?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

DDX

by DDX

skyboy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:13 am
Good value thanks for the info!
About the seat post it's such a common problem. Do you know the best way to fix it and if not please post when you find out.
Chris is going to send me a new seatpost with more paint on it.
But it looks like a coke can shim already solved the problem (3 layers), but time will tell.
deepakvrao wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:10 am
Very nice. What are the advantages of direct mount brakes? More clearance?
yes, see pictures with wheels/tires.
more space between tires and brakes

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Zigmeister wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 pm

The geometry for a 54cm is nearly identical to the Merida Reacto 8000 bike. That is Merida's top of the line aero bike. It isn't tall at all.
Also, geometry is nearly exact on every spec of the Scott Foil Premium Disc size 54cm

Again, not sure why you think this bike isn't an almost replicate of the Merida Reacto or Scott Foil,
And i'm not saying those bikes are not tall...
BB drop of 63-67mm was normal on the date of 19-21c tires.
When the road tire sizes increase, bb drop is also increasing, so that it compensate for taller tires.
Cervelo S5 was tall on first version, Giant Propel too. Then all of them get lower on the new refresh. Current state of the art like new Tarmac, Venge, S5 Disc etc. 's bb drop are more than 70mm on all of them. Scott Foil are due to update soon. It'll be lower too. Not sure why would buy bike with tall bb now, unless you are using extra long crank.

This is not the information you want to know. But i contribute what i can see as yellow flag.

by Weenie