Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pushstart

by pushstart

Dingleberry wrote:Yep. My first attempt at road tubeless, and compared to MTB (which isn't really difficult anyway) it was eeeeeasy! Hardest part was getting the tyres over the rims - they're a very tight fit - but that's probably a good thing!

Ah, great. Yeah, in general I have found setup on road much easier -- though not those Far sports rims which were really easy to put tires on ( tires fit very loose). I have also found RT to be less useful on road than mtb (sealant for me has not held at pressures higher than 40/50 psi), but I will give it another shot. I hear those are awesome tires.

Sorry for tangent. Beautiful FM079 build!

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Thanks Dingleberry and Pushstart for the photos and measurements.

Tire clearance will do fine for my intended purposes (winter/rain/back-up bike) and rear fender clearance looks good. Front fender clearance looks good as well, but looks to be pretty tight on Pushstart's Yishun frame. So maybe they're not the same fork, or it's just the wheel/tire combo?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Stradalli (for sure you know the brand because of their photos :wink: ) is selling FM066SL frame as R7.
I actually really liked some of the stickers and asked them if they can send me decal kit :)

edit: sorry for gigantic photo :/
I couldn't find it smaller

pushstart

by pushstart

sanrensho wrote:Thanks Dingleberry and Pushstart for the photos and measurements.

Tire clearance will do fine for my intended purposes (winter/rain/back-up bike) and rear fender clearance looks good. Front fender clearance looks good as well, but looks to be pretty tight on Pushstart's Yishun frame. So maybe they're not the same fork, or it's just the wheel/tire combo?

I am 90% sure it is the same fork on these hongfu and Yishun framesets, and that the difference is just the larger tires.

Here are a few more photos of clearance on the Yishun FM145 (Hongfu FM166) with 25mm GP4000S on LB U45 rims.
ImageImageImage

dogg

by dogg

damn i would have expected those disc frames to have more clearance... my 066sl has plenty of clearance for 28s, was planning on picking up a 166/070 when the hydro/mech 105 groupo drops but looks like ill have to look elsewhere

pushstart

by pushstart

Yeah, not a ton of clearance, but I expect 28s on wide rims to fit in the frame (if not fork). But frankly I am glad that the chainstays are short (and as a result clearance is minimal) -- I have a disc cx/touring bike so I wasn't interested in an "endurance" road frame. There are plenty of disc-brake carbon cx frames out there that will happily take fatter tires. Might have expected matching clearance from the fork, but again an effective 27mm tire is plenty big for me. I might drop down to 23mm again to have something that is effectively 25mm instead; plush is nice but I find it to be less nice in the corners.

glepore

by glepore

They must have shortened the dropout or something on the disc frames...my standard 066sl has lots more clearance than that with Challenge Parigi Roubaix, which are nominally 28 but in actuality a bit wider.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

pushstart

by pushstart

Perhaps? According to the geometry my frame has 2mm longer chainstays than the FM066, so not sure where the space went. I would have assumed this would match up closely to the FM066 given how they look like the same frame except for caliper mounts. (Not talking about the fork, of course, which does measure smaller than the FM066 fork. You are talking about frame, right?) How wide do the Parigi Roubaix measure on your rims?

glepore

by glepore

Both frame and fork. The Roubaix measure 29.5 on narrow rims (Ksl's). I run 25 Vittorias on wide rims (the ubiquitous 25mm x 50 deep Asian ones) with mucho clearance as well. A mystery.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Marin

by Marin

Clearance could also differ between frame sizes.

glepore

by glepore

Marin wrote:Clearance could also differ between frame sizes.

Good point, but fwiw I'm on a 50.

pushstart

by pushstart

glepore wrote:
Marin wrote:Clearance could also differ between frame sizes.

Good point, but fwiw I'm on a 50.

And my frame is a 60cm fwiw.

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

I have a question.
I bought FM066SL frame last week and on 3rd of April I got the tracking number from them.

Been almost a week and the number is still not working.
I need information about tracking from the experienced ones.

I sent Cherry mail about it but couldn't get answer yet.
I checked calendar, there was a national holiday there in China on 6th and 7th of April. So they should be working now.

I'm confused :)

Marin

by Marin

Mail & check again. There's a decent chance the frame will arrive before you get an answer - mine took only a week to Austria.

bura

by bura

ToffieBoi, sure you are checking on the correct site?

HongFu is using China EMS and sometimes Hong Kong EMS.

If it is EMS anyway you may also check on your local postal web site.

If it is a courier, this will be strange.

But be assured that they have shipped your frame.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com