Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DirtiousDirte

by DirtiousDirte

bobones wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:21 am
subparmotive wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:55 pm
Has anyone tried a Chinese steel frame? I have found this one: https://tsunamibicycle.com/product/cr03 ... el-polish/

Their geometry chart seems off, particularily the HT lengths. I found the same frame on Aliexpress with a more accurate looking geo chart. Might make for a nice project, and I am considering ordering one, but there is almost no info on these from the English speaking world. There are a few build videos on youtube and the company seems to be known in Indonesia. Worth a shot?
I got a Chinese steel frame from UK Amazon in the spring and built it up with 105 that I had. Not the same as the one you linked to, but it has a similar polished finish, which is really lovely in the flesh. Comes in just shy of 9kg with light wheels and tyres, and I am very happy with it.

ImageImageImage
This company also has some steel cyclocross frames that have been tempting me for a while. Just waiting on my current 10+ year frame to die before going for it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

subparmotive wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:55 pm
Has anyone tried a Chinese steel frame? I have found this one: https://tsunamibicycle.com/product/cr03 ... el-polish/

Their geometry chart seems off, particularily the HT lengths. I found the same frame on Aliexpress with a more accurate looking geo chart. Might make for a nice project, and I am considering ordering one, but there is almost no info on these from the English speaking world. There are a few build videos on youtube and the company seems to be known in Indonesia. Worth a shot?
do you understand the size chart? I like them but dont understand. how does the large only have a 535cm top tube? are they undersized, or just geo if off? It says a small would fit someone 175cm which has 525mm. I am 175cm and ride a 535mm effective and that is pushing it as I sized down.

subparmotive

by subparmotive

waltthizzney wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:45 am
do you understand the size chart?
Heres a more accurate looking one I found on Aliexpress for the same frame (Seaboard CR03):
It does seem like the sizes have relatively short reach given their stack heights.

Algreen

by Algreen

codyb37 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:13 am
Algreen wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 am
Same situation hunting for a bar and spacer combo that fits with the vbr-99 since I opted not to go with their factory bar for sizing reasons. Chris is communicative, but unwilling to mix and match parts. Finding a bottom spacer that is the right size and shape to mate with their headset and align with an aftermarket bar and allow hidden cables hasn't been easy so far. I'm also looking for shorter reach and narrower 38cm bars. There's some decent options on AliExpress, but all will require some custom spacers/adjustments.

Open to suggestions.
Did you find a solution to this?
Yes. Just ordered this bar and will report on the outcome. I like this bar because the sizing and it comes complete with the headset spacers and bearing seat, which is needed to align the pins on an integrated cable setup.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100500 ... mainSearch

OlieSimpson

by OlieSimpson

Algreen wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:41 pm
codyb37 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:13 am
Algreen wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 am
Same situation hunting for a bar and spacer combo that fits with the vbr-99 since I opted not to go with their factory bar for sizing reasons. Chris is communicative, but unwilling to mix and match parts. Finding a bottom spacer that is the right size and shape to mate with their headset and align with an aftermarket bar and allow hidden cables hasn't been easy so far. I'm also looking for shorter reach and narrower 38cm bars. There's some decent options on AliExpress, but all will require some custom spacers/adjustments.

Open to suggestions.
Did you find a solution to this?
Yes. Just ordered this bar and will report on the outcome. I like this bar because the sizing and it comes complete with the headset spacers and bearing seat, which is needed to align the pins on an integrated cable setup.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100500 ... mainSearch
That's a lovely looking bar! Would like to hear how you get on with it.

matcav

by matcav

Miller wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:33 pm
Ok, hope you like it! Did you choose a colour?
Just white :)
let's see what I'll get from it. it's going to take time tho.
Attachments
PXL_20220103_170422006.jpg

roborovski007

by roborovski007

Solstice21 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:53 am
none wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:39 pm
With current supply chain, you're lucky to get any product shipped from China.
Pricing of shipping container is skyrocketing, general cargo air shipment is soon to follow for smaller packages.
Raw material & electrical supply issues in China, production of goods is likely to be impacted all around.
I've stopped making purchases from Alibaba/express two months ago, still waiging on delivery of goods that I ordered back in MAY 2021.
Luck of the draw? 126gm Seatpost from aliex arrived in around a week. 4 weeks later still waiting for routing kit and quadlock rip off.
how's the seatpost holding up? can you provide me the link to it? Thank you.

racingtiger

by racingtiger

inertianinja wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:36 pm
Is anyone aware of an aero frame with similar weight / aero to the Seka Exceed (https://cycling100.com/products/carbonf ... black-775g) but with more aggressive geometry?

I'm currently on an FM-066 which has been great, but for my next frame I'd want to go aero/semi-aero. It seems that the Seka is an endurance frame.
14mm higher stack, 7mm shorter reach, slightly slacker head tube / seat tube angles.
Agree 100%. Find it intersting it's marketed as a UCI legalrace bike but the geometry is not race geometry.
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

inertianinja

by inertianinja

racingtiger wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:57 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:36 pm
Is anyone aware of an aero frame with similar weight / aero to the Seka Exceed (https://cycling100.com/products/carbonf ... black-775g) but with more aggressive geometry?

I'm currently on an FM-066 which has been great, but for my next frame I'd want to go aero/semi-aero. It seems that the Seka is an endurance frame.
14mm higher stack, 7mm shorter reach, slightly slacker head tube / seat tube angles.
Agree 100%. Find it intersting it's marketed as a UCI legalrace bike but the geometry is not race geometry.
Yea, a real shame. I'm on a pretty aggressive frame right now, I wish the Exceed was an option but it's way slack for me.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Has anyone tried an OSPW from Aliexpress?

Obviously knockoffs, and I'm doubtful about the benefits of them anyway, just curious if anyone has tried them.

matcav

by matcav

inertianinja wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:13 pm
yes, I've got the one from OG Evkin. As many others (all of Chinese OSPW?), it comes with exposed ceramic bearings, so not very suitable for cycling. I intended to replace the bearings with something better (the structure and the cogs are ok) but in the end I've sent it back.

Solstice21

by Solstice21

roborovski007 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:43 pm
Solstice21 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:53 am
none wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:39 pm
With current supply chain, you're lucky to get any product shipped from China.
Pricing of shipping container is skyrocketing, general cargo air shipment is soon to follow for smaller packages.
Raw material & electrical supply issues in China, production of goods is likely to be impacted all around.
I've stopped making purchases from Alibaba/express two months ago, still waiging on delivery of goods that I ordered back in MAY 2021.
Luck of the draw? 126gm Seatpost from aliex arrived in around a week. 4 weeks later still waiting for routing kit and quadlock rip off.
how's the seatpost holding up? can you provide me the link to it? Thank you.

Still good. As is the 1 i got a few years ago for CR1 SL sub 7kg build.
On Aliexpress I think mine is something like 'Elitaone 135g'.

Hazzer19

by Hazzer19

matcav wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:32 pm
inertianinja wrote:
yes, I've got the one from OG Evkin. As many others (all of Chinese OSPW?), it comes with exposed ceramic bearings, so not very suitable for cycling. I intended to replace the bearings with something better (the structure and the cogs are ok) but in the end I've sent it back.
I got the L-TWOO LW-UT model and have been happy so far. I also intended on replacing the bearings for sealed ones but they actually seem to be better sealed than I thought and previously saw. They've been through a few grimmy rides and washes and are still spining freely. Considering getting another one for my gravel bike.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... 4c4dfi1iTZ
IMG_6434.JPG

RDY

by RDY

Anyone have any info on the Workswell WCB-R-369? Just a render on their site for now. Looks like 'new' aero - less aggressive seat tube and more tyre clearance (32mm), slightly deeper fork than most Chinese frames, loads of frame infill, heavy integration (and aerofoil) at fork / head tube / down tube junction.

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Hazzer19 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 am
matcav wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:32 pm
inertianinja wrote:
I got the L-TWOO LW-UT model and have been happy so far. I also intended on replacing the bearings for sealed ones but they actually seem to be better sealed than I thought and previously saw. They've been through a few grimmy rides and washes and are still spining freely. Considering getting another one for my gravel bike.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... 4c4dfi1iTZ

IMG_6434.JPG
Have the same L-TWOO on my Ultegra Di2 RD-runs well and solved the problem of the stock cage not running parallel to the cassette even with an aligned hanger.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com