Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

I communicated with Chris this morning. I've ordered the new integrated bar and one of the new stems.
I should have it in a few weeks and I'll post weights etc

RDY

by RDY

Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:37 pm
I communicated with Chris this morning. I've ordered the new integrated bar and one of the new stems.
Did you manage to glean from him what the stem is made of? It looks like it's probably an alu core wrapped in carbon, with an alu front plate and cap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

RDY wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:40 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:37 pm
Did you manage to glean from him what the stem is made of? It looks like it's probably an alu core wrapped in carbon, with an alu front plate and cap.
I didn't ask and just went ahead a purchased one as they're sending me a replacement integrated bar.
I thought it made sense if the new integrated bar sucks I can just revert back to one or my regular bars.

Apparently a 110 is 120g. I very very very much doubt that but I'll post results when it's here.

RDY

by RDY

If it's carbon wrapped alu it sounds about right. OG Evkin are similar.
Last edited by RDY on Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultreia

by ultreia

Anyone have details of Veolobuild HB011 geometry and weight?

Also, a UD matt finish computer mount?

codyb37

by codyb37

I am purchasing the LTK268 from longteng , a sensah empire 11 speed groupset from ebay and carbon wheels from light bicycles or longteng.

Any recommendations for aluminum integrated bars? I have not seen any good reviews from the Chinese carbon bars, and I am still waiting for reviews of the OG evkin bars.

zaak

by zaak

codyb37 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:04 pm
I am purchasing the LTK268 from longteng , a sensah empire 11 speed groupset from ebay and carbon wheels from light bicycles or longteng.

Any recommendations for aluminum integrated bars? I have not seen any good reviews from the Chinese carbon bars, and I am still waiting for reviews of the OG evkin bars.
I have LTK 268 with Deda Vinci bar, stem, headset combo

codyb37

by codyb37

zaak wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:21 pm
codyb37 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:04 pm

I have LTK 268 with Deda Vinci bar, stem, headset combo
Thanks for the idea, they are not readily available to be shipped to Canada, a bit expensive, and HEAVY!

codyb37

by codyb37

Here is the quote I received from Longteng for the LTK268.

Frame + paint : 440USD

50C--25mm wheels UD Glossy With CX3 Hub and CN Spokes ( 1753g for the set) :380USD for the set

Shipping to Canada : 95+85USD.

Has anyone heard reviews or had any experience with wheels from Longteng? The price seems a bit low...

dukeynukem

by dukeynukem

Hi, I am new to the forum. Planning to purchase the velobuild vr-b-099 frameset but trying to decide between the hb010 and hb011 handlebars. Would like to check with owners of the hb011 bar if they could confirm the rise as it seems much more inclined than the hb010 from the pictures on the website. Thanks.

OlieSimpson

by OlieSimpson

dukeynukem wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:12 pm
Hi, I am new to the forum. Planning to purchase the velobuild vr-b-099 frameset but trying to decide between the hb010 and hb011 handlebars. Would like to check with owners of the hb011 bar if they could confirm the rise as it seems much more inclined than the hb010 from the pictures on the website. Thanks.
I've just measured my HB011 bar which is in a 90/400 size. It weighs in at 304g and measures 390mm at the hoods and 400mm at the drops.

The top of the stem looks very agressive but it measures at a pretty standard -6 degree drop.

I don't really have an accurate way of measuring the drop in mm so hope this helps.

In person it looks and feels no where near as agressive as the pictues.

Personally I went for the HB011 as I prefer the more angled/squared off drops to the rounder profile of the HB010.

The top section of the HB010 also has a forward sweep (similar to a Vision bar), which I wasn't too keen on.

dukeynukem

by dukeynukem

Thanks OlieSimpson. I prefer the hb011 too also because I thought the split spacers will ease changing the stack height when needed. Thanks for the additional info about the hb011 too, really helps me to decide.

wjm52358

by wjm52358

Has anyone tried any bicycles from Aozhishen (Dongguan) Trade company? They claim to have produced bicycles for a number of large manufacturers (which can't be corroborated anywhere) and produce a bicycle with identical geometry to the Tarmac SL6.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 1e41lHo8pF

kidrob

by kidrob

wjm52358 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:53 am
Has anyone tried any bicycles from Aozhishen (Dongguan) Trade company? They claim to have produced bicycles for a number of large manufacturers (which can't be corroborated anywhere) and produce a bicycle with identical geometry to the Tarmac SL6.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 1e41lHo8pF
While it would be interesting to hear about "new" producers and there can be lucky picks/experiences, the general WW advice (can I call it like that?) is to only buy from "our" trusted shops (Dengfu, Hongfu, TanTan, Velobuild, Workswell et al.). And not on Alibaba/express. Also, only Open Mould (=no knock offs).

none

by none

With current supply chain, you're lucky to get any product shipped from China.
Pricing of shipping container is skyrocketing, general cargo air shipment is soon to follow for smaller packages.
Raw material & electrical supply issues in China, production of goods is likely to be impacted all around.
I've stopped making purchases from Alibaba/express two months ago, still waiging on delivery of goods that I ordered back in MAY 2021.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com