Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pamoreira

by pamoreira

Rudi wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:49 pm
According to Geometrygeeks.bike (I have no affiliation here)

SL7 is 1mm less stack than the velobuild vb-r-168 and 1mm less front centre. EDIT - 1mm less fork rake/offset as well.

All other measured dimensions were the same in size 56 at least.
Just checked it out and it's minor differences in my size (52). Looks like it fits my needs perfectly.

Thanks for the tips guys.

nrjansen

by nrjansen

Hi there!

Need a new project. Any recommendations for a light frame to climb the mountains?

Thanks!
My VeloBuild VB-R-099 project Blog:
https://roadmeister.cc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

llatsni

by llatsni

Can anyone recommend a good quality XXS frame, one with a sub 500mm ETT? 490 ideally.

The only one I can find is the 2020 Tantan T1000:
http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php? ... w&p_id=812

... but the Tantan quality reports here aren't exactly inspiring!

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nrjansen wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 am
Need a new project. Any recommendations for a light frame to climb the mountains?
All open mold frames are on the heavy side (850g+ for 56cm). Looks for ones with 27.2mm seatpost; option to run regular, non-integrated bars; BSA or PF30 BB shell; non-integrated seatpost clamp. These will allow to shed major grams using WW parts, which you'd have hard time with proprietary standards and full integration. Always ask manufacturer for fork/frame weight in your size, unpainted. It also helps to ask to pick the lightest from the batch.

Aesch

by Aesch

Any suggestions on a comfort oriented frame with high stack reach ratio? Looking for size 60ish with stack ~400 and reach ~620ish. Prefer tyre allowance up to 30c or more.

Thanks!

LRB23

by LRB23

nrjansen wrote:Hi there!

Thanks!
I’m in the same boat. I’ve been looking at the Winspace SLC2.0. Not the lightest but I think you could put together a nice light build with the right components.

I’ve been trawling the forums trying to find user reviews...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matcav

by matcav

Jelger wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 am

Yes I have finished the build 2 weeks ago. Due to the really shitty weather just did 1 test ride but so far I like it. It's light and very responsive. Accelerating is super easy and it feels quite stiff but yet comfortable.

The paint job is very nice (although it is a copy of the chapter 2 tere). And the geometry is a copy of the Tarmac SL6 (just like the velobuild vbr-086).

Hello,
looks like you have the CVR crankset installed here. What's your take on it? I'm currently considering it together with the Zrace RX

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

nrjansen wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:40 pm
Project finished! Did a quick 25km test ride today and my first impression was absolutely great. Will update on my experience again when I've done some more rides. See also https://roadmeister.cc

This looks ideal for a project I have in mind. Did you weigh the frame and bars ?
Thanks

madspalme

by madspalme

I also got my VB-R-099 in March. Same as the grey one posted above

Its build up with Sram Red eTap 11 speed and Farsports Kaze 58 with DT Swiss EXP240 with 28mm Pro One
Pedals are look keo blade and saddle is S-works toupe pro
Color is chameleon green and it is beautiful. Details are not as exact as pro level bikes, but that is to be expected. Also the painting is not as anti scratch proof as more expensive bikes.
It weights 7,9kg including everything as far as i remember.

Have 1200k on i an it absolutely rips. Love it!
Only complaint i have is that their bottle cages scratches the hell out of my bottles but i can live with that.

One of my friends have the same and he got an issue with the steerer tube compresser threat, hence a new is on its way from China, so maybe be sure to get extra compressors for the seatpost and steerer tube when ordering.
Attachments
cykel r-099.JPG

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

madspalme wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:53 am
I also got my VB-R-099 in March. Same as the grey one posted above

Its build up with Sram Red eTap 11 speed and Farsports Kaze 58 with DT Swiss EXP240 with 28mm Pro One
Pedals are look keo blade and saddle is S-works toupe pro
Color is chameleon green and it is beautiful. Details are not as exact as pro level bikes, but that is to be expected. Also the painting is not as anti scratch proof as more expensive bikes.
It weights 7,9kg including everything as far as i remember.

Have 1200k on i an it absolutely rips. Love it!
Only complaint i have is that their bottle cages scratches the hell out of my bottles but i can live with that.

One of my friends have the same and he got an issue with the steerer tube compresser threat, hence a new is on its way from China, so maybe be sure to get extra compressors for the seatpost and steerer tube when ordering.
What are compressors ?

madspalme

by madspalme

Im not sure of the right word. Normal fork/headsets, use only an expansion plug. These use a part that presses the side of the steerer to hold i tight.

HolyDiver

by HolyDiver

Hello,
I'm looking for a carbon frameset for training\racing since there is nothing available in my contry right now and I want to change my aluminum one.
Looks like hongfu/dengfu is right choice for the budget, but I believe there should be another options available.

It would be nice if someone could recomend based on expirience good frames.

Main criateria:

- Rim brakes
- BB86 or threaded or something to fit 24mm spindle without extra washers, etc.
- Some sort of semi-aero geometry like SL7

Weight is not so relevant for me since I would save much vs aluminuim.
Thanks.

Toybota

by Toybota

HolyDiver wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:58 pm
Hello,
I'm looking for a carbon frameset for training\racing since there is nothing available in my contry right now and I want to change my aluminum one.
Looks like hongfu/dengfu is right choice for the budget, but I believe there should be another options available.

Main criateria:

- Rim brakes

Thanks.
Yoeleo R11?
Little bit more than Dengfu but comes with a bar with free shipping I believe.

HolyDiver

by HolyDiver

Toybota wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:01 pm
HolyDiver wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:58 pm
Hello,

Main criateria:

- Rim brakes

Thanks.
Yoeleo R11?
Little bit more than Dengfu but comes with a bar with free shipping I believe.
Saw it, but would like to stick with aluminium handlebars.
Like shape and option to adjust fit till got acceptable results with no integrated option.
It is nice to hear that they have a free shipping

nrjansen

by nrjansen

Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:24 pm
nrjansen wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:40 pm
Project finished! Did a quick 25km test ride today and my first impression was absolutely great. Will update on my experience again when I've done some more rides. See also https://roadmeister.cc

This looks ideal for a project I have in mind. Did you weigh the frame and bars ?
Thanks
I was supposed to weight every single part but was so exited building it that I completely forgot about it. Total weight of my bike is just below 8k.

Still extremely happy with the bike. Will post a new review on https://roadmeister.cc soon.
My VeloBuild VB-R-099 project Blog:
https://roadmeister.cc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com