Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

martyh

by martyh

Just be mindful on the hongfu site at the moment, its getting flagged as malware and trying to force chrome updates.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kidrob

by kidrob

Just got an email from Hongfu. Apparently they have developed a new Aero Disc frame, looks very promising!

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_produc ... 5/508.html

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Looks to have the same design clue from the Avenger R8, which i own and find a single flaw to it.
Look at the picture, at the BB area, see how far seat tube material extend further back than the bottom bracket? It does not only limit tire height, but the wide chainstay that start to taper out late also limit tire width you can use. In short, It has low tire clearance.

On rim brake version with 21mm internal width rim, Continental GP4000sII 25c fit with ~1.5mm clearance on each side. Vittoria Corsa G+ 25c does not. Don't even try 28c.
Disc version may improve on this, but the picture still show the same design in BB area make me concerned.

PS. another note is, slim down tube look sleek and all, but it doesn't shield water bottle well against the wind (or dirt).

LeDuke

by LeDuke

So, I have to update my frame search. For unknown reasons, most of these frames have BB86 or BB386.

I have a couple of Hollowgram PMs I want to use and no interest in changing to a different crank.

So, it seems I’m limited to BSA, PF30 or BB30.

Anyone find a bike that has:

1) BSA, PF30 or BB30
2) Aero-ish
3) 2 bottles
4) 28mm tires compatible
5) Disc brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidrob

by kidrob

LeDuke wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:52 am
So, I have to update my frame search. For unknown reasons, most of these frames have BB86 or BB386.

I have a couple of Hollowgram PMs I want to use and no interest in changing to a different crank.

1) BSA, PF30 or BB30
2) Aero-ish
3) 2 bottles
4) 28mm tires compatible
5) Disc brakes

FM088 Disc should tick all of these boxes, only thing I am not sure about is 28mm tire compatibility
http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_Produc ... 3/489.html

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

kidrob wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:08 am
FM088 Disc should tick all of these boxes, only thing I am not sure about is 28mm tire compatibility
The linked page claims "Bottom bracket: BB86 or DI2", surely that's not what LeDuke is looking for. And the shape doesn't seem much aero either. FM169-F is "aero" and disc, but Hongfu didn't list BB options.

kidrob

by kidrob

Klaster_1 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:41 am
kidrob wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:08 am
The linked page claims "Bottom bracket: BB86 or DI2", surely that's not what LeDuke is looking for. And the shape doesn't seem much aero either. FM169-F is "aero" and disc, but Hongfu didn't list BB options.
Its obviously a website error. I own the non-disc version of this frame and it is BSA.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Anyone seen one of the NK1K copies in real life?

They state they can take a 25mm tire, max. Hoping they are just being conservative in their estimates.

masaudie

by masaudie

LeDuke wrote:So, I have to update my frame search. For unknown reasons, most of these frames have BB86 or BB386.

1) BSA, PF30 or BB30
2) Aero-ish
3) 2 bottles
4) 28mm tires compatible
5) Disc brakes

I had Hongfu FM088, which ticks almost all of your criteria: BSA, currently using 28mm Schwalbe Duranos, 2 bottles, flat mount disc (I didn't consider it to be an aero frame). My first carbon roadbike coming from fixed gear then singlespeed bike, feels amazing to ride. Image

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

kidrob

by kidrob

masaudie wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:04 pm
LeDuke wrote:So, I have to update my frame search. For unknown reasons, most of these frames have BB86 or BB386.

1) BSA, PF30 or BB30
2) Aero-ish
3) 2 bottles
4) 28mm tires compatible
5) Disc brakes

I had Hongfu FM088, which ticks almost all of your criteria: BSA, currently using 28mm Schwalbe Duranos, 2 bottles, flat mount disc (I didn't consider it to be an aero frame). My first carbon roadbike coming from fixed gear then singlespeed bike, feels amazing to ride. Image

Looks great! :thumbup: Any more info on the bike like parts and weight?

Zweigelt

by Zweigelt

Nice to see more FM-088 Disc...
@masaudie Looks great!

In the meantime(see page 206 in this thread for the first pics) i spent a lot of km and ups and downs on my "Ajar"... i love it more and more!

ImageJulier_4 by Nebeljäger29, auf Flickr

ImageJulier_8 by Nebeljäger29, auf Flickr

ImageOhne Titel by Nebeljäger29, auf Flickr

masaudie

by masaudie

kidrob wrote:
masaudie wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:04 pm

1) BSA, PF30 or BB30
2) Aero-ish
3) 2 bottles
4) 28mm tires compatible
5) Disc brakes

Looks great! Image Any more info on the bike like parts and weight?
Frankly I'm too excited when the frame arrived, I haven't weighed it yet. According to Hongfu it is 900 g frame + 300 ish g fork (@zweigelt might be able to help).

Definitely not a weight weenie build, since it had Shimano 105 groupset & quite deep alloy rims.

masaudie

by masaudie

Zweigelt wrote:Nice to see more FM-088 Disc...
@masaudie Looks great!

In the meantime(see page 206 in this thread for the first pics) i spent a lot of km and ups and downs on my "Ajar"... i love it more and more!

ImageJulier_4 by Nebeljäger29, auf Flickr

ImageJulier_8 by Nebeljäger29, auf Flickr

Amazing paintjob! Gonna paint my frame when I'm bored with a matte UD carbon look.

Do you have any issues with seatpost slipping?

Zweigelt

by Zweigelt

Thanks! :-)
Unpainted Frame and Fork was 938g/405g.(edit Size 48)
No Issues with slipping seatpost at the moment!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Looks like I’ll be going with a S5-ish looking frame from Honsen or Miracle. Seems to tick all of my new criteria.

Definitely want to be able to use my SiSL SRM.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com