Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lmv

by lmv

Naillos wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm
The bike is built and shipped! I am extremely happy with the way it looks, tantan even uploaded a video of it which I'll link to. Now just waiting for it to arrive.
The frame they sell separately does not have a hole for the hydraulic line below the hole for di2. However, the bike they assembled has it :)
Attachments
tt-x19.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Naillos

by Naillos

lmv wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:36 am
Naillos wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm
The bike is built and shipped! I am extremely happy with the way it looks, tantan even uploaded a video of it which I'll link to. Now just waiting for it to arrive.
The frame they sell separately does not have a hole for the hydraulic line below the hole for di2. However, the bike they assembled has it :)
Oh sweet, I am glad I had them build the whole thing as I just don't have the tools to do so and didn't want to invest in them. Also small details like that I would have overlooked without knowing!

The bike is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning, it got here extremely fast and cleared customs in a day!

Kingston

by Kingston

TheKingofDenmark wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:51 pm
Royal28 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:24 am
TheKingofDenmark wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:37 pm
GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:26 pm
It would be great to see pics of this bike fully built if you have finished it, plus a ride report!

I have only ridden the bike for the first time today. I'm having some issues at the steerer headset which scratches the frame and make the steering a little bit diffucult. I have contacted Hongfu with this problem and the customer service is superb, so right now i'm awaiting them for a new part. The ride is really good, despite the issue, and the look of the bike really caught peoples attention, I met some cyclist on a clubride who adorned the bike and asked where they could find the bike, my reply probably dissapointed when i told them it is a one of. :)

Right now it is 7,72kg without pedals, but I have ordered some new parts, so i will probably reach 7,6 or 7,7kg with the new upgrades. This is not the perfect pictures, but I will update when the bike is fully finished and solved.
@TheKingofDenmark how were the brake hoses routed through the headset/stem on this R7, like on the Madone with a special headset cap/bearing set (pictured in attachment below)? Could it work the same way on your FM169 or does that have a totally standard headset (so you'd need to drill the steerer for a fully hidden setup)? Also, do you feel much of a difference between the two frames (aero, handling, comfort, stiffness, etc.)? Thanks in advance!
I don't know about the Madone, but attached are the instruction and parts needed for the fork. I also attached a picture how the fork looks. I would say it was easy to install the brake lines and had not issues. I installed the brake lines for the position of left and right brake levers.

Regarding the FM169 you must contact Hongfu, but it is a standard steerer headset so i guess it won't work.

About differences between R7 and FM169 i would say they are about the same feel on the road. But FM169 has a metal shell bonded in BB and the frame is a little heavier at 1130g with paint. I would say that if you would run mechanical gearing go for FM169 and if you go electronic shifting go for R7. I personaly like the look of R7 because it's more clean but FM169 is certainly also a nice bike to look at.
Any one knows if it`s possible to mount a standard stem on this frame? Or are you stock with the integrated stem/handlebar?

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

Here is my LTK118. Weighs a touch under 16lbs with no crazy weight weenie parts.

It rides better than my FM066 from Tan Tan, and the finish seems better. It was a bad idea getting a matte finish though, impossible to keep clean!

I sourced some handlebars from Workswell and was extremely pleased with the quality as well. I think the key when dealing with china carbon is stay away from proprietary parts.

Naillos

by Naillos

I finally got the bike out together after a very busy day. I'll throw a photo up, unfortunately it's non-drive side but I'll put more up with more detailed thoughts later this week.

Initial impression is that I'm stunned. This thing is LIGHT. Mind you I'm coming from a GT aluminum road bike, the pedals aren't on and the tires aren't even pumped but holy. The build quality seems fantastic as well and the novatech hubs sing. I'm really happy!

Also didn't end up getting charged any duty whatsoever!
Attachments
DFDE4DE6-2DE9-4C33-934C-A81816D0C4D0.jpeg
0377804C-4AFA-468C-9F69-DA38FC2D6C8E.jpeg
5BAD5D35-438A-4B9E-A2AF-BDEAA7D9BD10.jpeg

tigradekat

by tigradekat

Nice! I'm sure you'll be having a blast riding that one! It might be because the tires are not inflated yet, but it seems your front wheel is not centered in the front fork?

Naillos

by Naillos

tigradekat wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:57 am
Nice! I'm sure you'll be having a blast riding that one! It might be because the tires are not inflated yet, but it seems your front wheel is not centered in the front fork?
I actually noticed that and it's more so the angle of the photo, I was watching for all the issues that others like lance had in the thread and it's actually very centered. Probably looks off with the tires not having any air/angle of the photo.

I also checked the lengths of the thru axles they provided to make sure they weren't short and had no issue with them thankfully. Everything seems to be in order.

The only thing that is missing so far are the 2 extra hangers that I ordered. I emailed Vivian and am planning on checking the box again but don't think they sent them. Hopefully they'll just send another to compensate but also too happy with the bike right now to be upset about it.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Naillos wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:14 am
I finally got the bike out together after a very busy day. I'll throw a photo up, unfortunately it's non-drive side but I'll put more up with more detailed thoughts later this week.

Initial impression is that I'm stunned. This thing is LIGHT. Mind you I'm coming from a GT aluminum road bike, the pedals aren't on and the tires aren't even pumped but holy. The build quality seems fantastic as well and the novatech hubs sing. I'm really happy!

Also didn't end up getting charged any duty whatsoever!
Looks awesome man. That color really pops! Glad you had a great experience, it's a good bike.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

Hexsense

by Hexsense

waltthizzney wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:45 pm
Here is my LTK118. Weighs a touch under 16lbs with no crazy weight weenie parts.
That stem looks really good, what is it?

Oceanic

by Oceanic

Kingston wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:50 am
Does any on have experience with LightCarbon and this frame in particular?

Thx
I've been riding a LightCarbon 006V all year and have been very pleased with it.
Frame weighs 1100g (52). The headset and push fit bottom bracket seem to fit without any problems. The seat post doesn't slip.

Mine is painted. I didn't like the look of the standard decals, so I got them to leave most of the transfers off, apart from the LightCarbon name on the down tube.
Attachments
8D9FD1EA-E47E-4D6F-8B51-11C49CC72322.jpeg

andriyi1

by andriyi1

Hello everybody... don’t know whether this is the best place to ask... does anybody know about the torque of an fm008 frame (or similar)? Contacting tantan they are telling me that is starting on 6 (I presume Nm) which is a bit fluffy statement!!! Any thoughts?? (I’m aware that we are buying a cheap frame)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billychung

by billychung

Hello everyone
Finally get one
building up my first chinese bike from pardus
still in process...
Will post more photos once i finish
Attachments
118673295_952815601884807_6237892576181019452_n.jpg
118639065_611882259498411_5135067894542324510_n.jpg

athletic91

by athletic91

Hi I got a costelo speedmachine from AliExpress. The dropouts appear shallow to me. I feels that the hub is not seated deep enough. Comments pls
Attachments
D5EFD59E-FC06-4574-A2C1-A9F20D543E9D.jpeg

athletic91

by athletic91

Drive side
Attachments
7D38F41D-BBD0-48E5-8E70-F61C68E09A00.jpeg

erickr

by erickr

billychung wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:46 pm
Hello everyone