Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

opticsflash

by opticsflash

Nice build, weight?
nrjansen wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:50 pm
kidrob wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:18 pm
^nice bike and like the website a lot, helpful!

Driveside pics would be great though ;)
Good point! See below. Also added some more to the slideshow: https://roadmeister.cc/getting-ready-for-takeoff/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nrjansen

by nrjansen

8.4kg
My VeloBuild VB-R-099 project Blog:
https://roadmeister.cc

opticsflash

by opticsflash

not too bad

what groupset you are using, if it's durace fullset, it should be lighter than that, only if your wheelset & tires are on the really heavy side.
nrjansen wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:35 pm
8.4kg

ultreia

by ultreia

Jelger wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:11 pm
So, I am sort of new here (although reading for months :wink: )...

I am planning to build a new bike next year and looking into the chinese carbon framesets. Currently looking for a Rim Brake frame and was thinking about the Velobuild VB-R-066. Now I sumbled upon this (which looks nice IMHO). Any toughts? Since I cannot find anything about the frame and the seller just tells me it is his own produced frame (open mould but also does not want to provide the mould number / name).

Link to the Aliexpress Article: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33062839 ... 1617.pic_0
Any more information about this frame?

recoilfx

by recoilfx

As a Tere owner, I implore you to go check out Chapter2 bikes. The matte/glossy black design is a copy of the original: https://cyclingtips.com/2017/06/chapter ... et-review/

Chapter2 is having a spring sale soon, I think it's on March 25, so you may be able to pick up something within your price range.

ThePower

by ThePower

Great thread - thanks for all the information & insights.
If the mould frame is almost identical to a brand frame (e.g. TT-X19 / Tarmac) but the weight is clearly higher, can I assume, it's the difference in material like T700 vs. T1000? Are there noticeable differences in stiffness, handling etc. ?

zaak

by zaak

after few months my LTK 268 based project is finished.
It is 58 XL frame ordered without painting. It is painted localy in my friend car workshop. Stickers are under clear coat. Colour is genuine Porsche Miami blue. Colour is very flashy on sunlight and darker ( blue green ) in low light conditions.
It is full Ultegra di2 expect crankset which is FSA Gosammer ( i did not like Ultegra "gray" finish so iopted for black ).
Wheels are Falcon 60mm ( 31mm wide ) and cockpit is Deda Vinci together with Deda DCR headset.
First 150km are done and I am very. very satisfied.
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
image2.jpeg

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Does anyone else think the new custom ENVE road bike looks like a collection of tube shapes from open mold bikes?

I know they're offering it in a lot of sizes, but i couldn't help but think i've seen the tubes in this thread before.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

zaak wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:43 pm
Sharp looking bike, I like it :beerchug: Did you intentionally flip the "R"? The "КЯAММА" reads like a bunch of nonsense in Cyrillic.

zaak

by zaak

Klaster_1 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:31 pm
zaak wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:43 pm
Sharp looking bike, I like it :beerchug: Did you intentionally flip the "R"? The "КЯAММА" reads like a bunch of nonsense in Cyrillic.
I split R just for the look :) , KRAMA ( with one M ) is local word here ( with base from Italian language ) and means something in very poor conditon ;)

Jelger

by Jelger

ultreia wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:54 pm
Jelger wrote:

I am planning to build a new bike next year and looking into the chinese carbon framesets. Currently looking for a Rim Brake frame and was thinking about the Velobuild VB-R-066. Now I sumbled upon this (which looks nice IMHO). Any toughts? Since I cannot find anything about the frame and the seller just tells me it is his own produced frame (open mould but also does not want to provide the mould number / name).

Link to the Aliexpress Article: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33062839 ... 1617.pic_0
Yes I have finished the build 2 weeks ago. Due to the really shitty weather just did 1 test ride but so far I like it. It's light and very responsive. Accelerating is super easy and it feels quite stiff but yet comfortable.

The paint job is very nice (although it is a copy of the chapter 2 tere). And the geometry is a copy of the Tarmac SL6 (just like the velobuild vbr-086).

scatsob

by scatsob

Jelger wrote:
ultreia wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:54 pm
Jelger wrote:

Yes I have finished the build 2 weeks ago. Due to the really shitty weather just did 1 test ride but so far I like it. It's light and very responsive. Accelerating is super easy and it feels quite stiff but yet comfortable.

The paint job is very nice (although it is a copy of the chapter 2 tere). And the geometry is a copy of the Tarmac SL6 (just like the velobuild vbr-086).

Nice? Which bottom bracket did you go with? I like the BSA option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pamoreira

by pamoreira

I'm looking for a chinese frame with as close as possible geometry to a Tarmac SL7, can anyone recommend any good options?

It's for home trainer use only, so not at all concerned with looks, weight, etc - only want to have as close as possible geometry to my SL7.

It has probably been mentioned/discussed on this thread already, so apologies in advance, but with nearly 300 pages it gets a bit difficult to go through it all to find it :)

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

pamoreira wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 am
I'm looking for a chinese frame with as close as possible geometry to a Tarmac SL7, can anyone recommend any good options?

It's for home trainer use only, so not at all concerned with looks, weight, etc - only want to have as close as possible geometry to my SL7.

It has probably been mentioned/discussed on this thread already, so apologies in advance, but with nearly 300 pages it gets a bit difficult to go through it all to find it :)
I think someone mentioned the velobuild 168 had a very similar geometry. I don't know because I don't have the wheelbase length so I can't use 99spokes.

Rudi

by Rudi

According to Geometrygeeks.bike (I have no affiliation here)

SL7 is 1mm less stack than the velobuild vb-r-168 and 1mm less front centre. EDIT - 1mm less fork rake/offset as well.

All other measured dimensions were the same in size 56 at least.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com