Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

opticsflash

by opticsflash

do you have a rubber piece covering the seatpost and frame intersection? I'm not sure where can i buy such a piece. thanks
tigradekat wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:51 am
ms6073 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:28 pm
tigradekat wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:30 pm
This week I received my Workswell 268 disc frameset, having ordered it end FEB. Fit and finish are good to excellent. The build specs:
Awesome, just what I wanted to see. Curious if you have a profile picture from the side that shows the integrated bar, specifically the drop of the stem? Also, did Workswell provide any spacers to match the integrated handlebar stem profile and if so, how many and what height?
I just took a quick snap of the handle bars "en profil". There are three contoured spacers in addition to the base plate, 1x 5mm, 1x 10mm, 1x 20mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

any recommendations for a direct mount brake frameset?

sanbaronto

by sanbaronto

I ask the same, but for regular rim brakes...any good quality framesets? Both classic and aero are of interest.

holzmann98

by holzmann98

sanbaronto wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 am
I ask the same, but for regular rim brakes...any good quality framesets? Both classic and aero are of interest.
I build up a Hongfu FM008-SL last year and happy so far. Hongfu is more expensive then for example tantan, but has the best reputation in terms of quality, durability and customer service. The frame in size 56 came in at 830 g, the uncut fork at 350g.

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

holzmann98 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:31 pm
sanbaronto wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 am
I build up a Hongfu FM008-SL last year and happy so far. Hongfu is more expensive then for example tantan, but has the best reputation in terms of quality, durability and customer service. The frame in size 56 came in at 830 g, the uncut fork at 350g.
Ditto on the Hongfu FM008-SL. It's a high quality, great riding frameset. It should be pointed out though that 700x25 is the max tire size that you'll be able to run on it, if that makes a difference to you.

sanbaronto

by sanbaronto

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:17 am
It should be pointed out though that 700x25 is the max tire size that you'll be able to run on it, if that makes a difference to you.
I would prefer clearance for 28 mm tires.

Hogesyx

by Hogesyx

sanbaronto wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:20 am
GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:17 am
It should be pointed out though that 700x25 is the max tire size that you'll be able to run on it, if that makes a difference to you.
I would prefer clearance for 28 mm tires.
FWIW, the Workswell/tantan/velobuild 268/099 etc can fit up to 38mm tyres although it listed as 30/32mm max.

Vico81

by Vico81

Finally my bike built is finished. It takes longer than expected because of shimano parts were out of stock or incredible high price at shops locally.
But yesterday was all done and made a short ride on the beach side. Very happy with final result and hope quality will remains the same.
Most of parts are used is shimano 105 R7000, the handlerbar is a ritchey wcs ecocurve.
IMG_20210210_193934_249.jpg
IMG_20210210_175405.jpg

Vico81 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:10 am
Hi All,

I decided to go with the Lightcarbon. Price was more or less same at all manufacturer but communication and available stock made me to choose Lightcarbon.
I will recommend to communicate with them on Skype, it was really efficient (my contact was John).
The frame just arrived this week, its time to build :)

1.jpg
Vico81 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 am
Hello All,

I am planning to build my first bike and as i have very limited experience with these chinese carbon frames and manufacturers would like to ask your advice /opinion.
Generally, i was falling in love with Canyon Aeroad, but dont want to spend that much on a bike as i am not a racing pro or super rich person. Therefore i tried to find some similar frame or some nice looking aero road frame.
<bike will be used for medium long normal rides 60~120km and also to race in local triathlon/duathlon races>

I have found mainly these frames as best to choose :

1. Yishun R014/ Light Carbon LCR015

https://www.yishunbike.com/new-road-fra ... v_p67.html
https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon ... _p164.html

Unfortunately, i didnt get any quotation from both company, probably they are just coming back from holiday season. Hopefully they could provide soon.
Frames looks same for me....so if the price not much different which one will you recommend to go with ?

2. Velobuild VB-R-079

http://www.velobuildmall.com/products/v ... road-frame

This frame even looking more aero than Yishun R014, but just worried that handlebar will be may too low in standard condition and if you put spacer it may wont look really nice. Anyone purchased this frame and could give some feedback about it ?

Any other aero road frame you would suggest to buy instead of the aboves ?
(I had tantan also in my mind, but just read too many bad reviews about frames and how they handled it. so removed them from my list atm)

Vico81

by Vico81

I purchased from Lightcarbon and i would say my enquiry was not succesful (no answer from them)...but their Skype contact and chat reponse was extremely good.
If you didnt get answer, try to chat with John Liu, he was very proffesional and supportive.

Good luck !
Ant wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:59 am
I sent an enquiry to Light Carbon last night about getting an LCR007-V

I have an itch to scratch with a smaller frame. Been looking for secondhand stuff but nothing has come up so I thought I'd try one of these. Geometry is exactly what I was looking for.

Ant

by Ant

Thanks, I got one email back, replied that I'd like to buy and got no reply. So changed my mind and bought a Ridley instead :-D

scatsob

by scatsob

Has anyone bought anything from Winspace?

https://www.winspace.cc/t1500-frameset.html

The T1500 looks perfect and even at $1500 it can still be built up relatively cheaply.

Plans are to build an aero bike up this year and and this and the Ican A9 look like good values for the perceived quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDY

by RDY

scatsob wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:31 pm

The T1500 looks perfect and even at $1500 it can still be built up relatively cheaply.

Plans are to build an aero bike up this year and and this and the Ican A9 look like good values for the perceived quality.

Not sure why you'd pay more than double the going rate on Chinese aero bikes. It's no better.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

scatsob wrote:Has anyone bought anything from Winspace?

It has very good reviews.Its gonna be probably my next frame,tired of those overpriced mainstream brands.

Vico81

by Vico81

the same frameset you can by for half price...ok its not painted but you could do yourself.
scatsob wrote:

Maddie

by Maddie

Vico81 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:16 am
the same frameset you can by for half price...ok its not painted but you could do yourself.
scatsob wrote:

Please provide a link where one can buy the T1500 frameset for half the price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com