Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Hexsense wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:41 pm
Zigmeister wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 pm

The geometry for a 54cm is nearly identical to the Merida Reacto 8000 bike. That is Merida's top of the line aero bike. It isn't tall at all.
Also, geometry is nearly exact on every spec of the Scott Foil Premium Disc size 54cm

Again, not sure why you think this bike isn't an almost replicate of the Merida Reacto or Scott Foil,
And i'm not saying those bikes are not tall...
BB drop of 63-67mm was normal on the date of 19-21c tires.
When the road tire sizes increase, bb drop is also increasing, so that it compensate for taller tires.
Cervelo S5 was tall on first version, Giant Propel too. Then all of them get lower on the new refresh. Current state of the art like new Tarmac, Venge, S5 Disc etc. 's bb drop are more than 70mm on all of them. Scott Foil are due to update soon. It'll be lower too. Not sure why would buy bike with tall bb now, unless you are using extra long crank.

This is not the information you want to know. But i contribute what i can see as yellow flag.
I understand your point, but 4mm is literally nothing almost in comparison. My current 2013 Scott Foil 15 has a BB Offset/Drop of -67...this bike is -66. New Foil/Merida is 70. So the new bikes are literally 3-4mm differences on height. It is only 1mm taller than my current Foil. Which again, is nothing when every other spec is nearly identical to current aero road bikes.

Thanks again...agree Cervelo and Giant were really a big change, but that is more the norm now around 70. Which 3-4mm isn't anything for the height difference though, would never notice it I feel.
Last edited by Zigmeister on Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

whoops...double :(
Last edited by Zigmeister on Tue May 07, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackInk

by BlackInk

Hi,
I'm new here and have read pretty much the entire thread and wanted for those who have experience with the Seraph brand specifically the FM286 bike frame..... What has been your experience with it, or what frames would you recommend for that budget line? Thanks

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

wjs wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:21 pm
Does anybody have experience with a Holdsworth Super Professional Carbon Road Frameset? I strongly suspect that it is a China frame.
I was reading through this thread and saw this post had not really been answered yet... The Super Professional appears to actually be the same frame as the Blue Axino (same geo, same construction characteristics noted). A few years back, the Blue Axino was two models... a T700-only comfort SP model and a T800-only lighter, stiffer 'SL' model. In conversing with Blue last fall, they noted that the current model Axinos are a bit different (like the Super Professional), combining a mix of T700 and T800... They also noted it may not be as stiff as the former 'SL' model, but that it is probably a bit more compliant ride.

I actually built a new Blue Axino SL late fall / early winter (weather hasn't been nice enough to actually ride it yet) but it is quite a nice frame... much higher quality than even the 'nicer' open mold China frames I've purchased or built (Hong Fu, Miracle, Works Well). I can post pics of the final build if anyone is interested. It is quite a stunning bike actually... 6950g with 40mm carbon clinchers from Hong Fu and no flashy components.

These frames are made in Taiwan, not China (according to the sticker that it arrived with). The lower bearing on the fork is 1 3/8", which caught me by surprise, and indicated perhaps more design work went into designing the frame than some others that just use 'standard' 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" forks. If I recall there are some decent reviews of both the SL and SP frames around the web... which is probably a good indicator of how the Holdsworth will perform.

hohnma

by hohnma

Looking to buy a new frame from China for my new road bike (disc)
If you have to buy a Chinese frame, what will your choice ? (I'm looking for an "aero" disc frame, if possible with clean (internal rooting))

I've seen new yeoleo r9 disc, I don't know if you have other ideas ?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

hohnma wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:39 pm
I've seen new yeoleo r9 disc, I don't know if you have other ideas ?
Workswell launched WCB-R-268 recently.

halcyongolf

by halcyongolf

I really like the workswell r268 line, esp. since you can get it in a rim brake version as well. HOWEVER......

After a long discussion with the company, a limiting issue with the design is the integrated handlebar/stem. It is only available in 380/90, 400/100, 420/110, 440/120 (handlebar/stem in mm). If that works for you, great, if not you're SOL (for now) as they are using the Vision/FSA ACR integrated design, so there are no aftermarket stems available right now that are compatible with the deisgn. So if you need a different stem/handlebar combo, you're out of luck for now. I think in the coming months there should be more options for the cockpit with this deisgn.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

halcyongolf wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:56 am
Vision/FSA ACR integrated design
What about Metron Vision 5D ACR? The manual lists other sizes too, but looks unavailable yet.

halcyongolf

by halcyongolf

Klaster_1 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:09 am
halcyongolf wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:56 am
Vision/FSA ACR integrated design
What about Metron Vision 5D ACR? The manual lists other sizes too, but looks unavailable yet.
I think there are going to be numerous options avaible in the coming months, but none for sale yet....

For what it's worth, only the size 54 is availble now anyway, with the other frame sizes due in 4-6 weeks. By then, you could see other options.

By the way, how many people are going to be putting a 500 euro cockpit on a 550 euro bike?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

halcyongolf wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:14 am
By the way, how many people are going to be putting a 500 euro cockpit on a 550 euro bike?
Well, I did :D

durianrider

by durianrider

I have a yishun/lightcarbon LCR006v . Arrived yesterday. Phil Gaimon lied about where his bikes come from lol. What a fraud. Is he lying about being clean as well? :lol:
Attachments
20190529_115356.jpg
20190529_115402.jpg
20190529_115409.jpg
20190529_115417.jpg
20190529_115441.jpg
My YT channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/durianriders?feature=mhee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Follow me on Strava
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600

durianrider

by durianrider

ooo wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 am
Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm
ooo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm
Yishun LCR093-D - new road disc frame with RC 405, flatmount 12x100 fork with internal routing
Max 700x25C Tire cleance ... BOO! Better buy Yoeleo R6 Disc which has 28c tire clearance.
https://www.yoeleobike.com/carbon-r6-di ... meset.html
PS. interesting that Yoeleo R6 rimbrake version is not exactly the same design (even different geometry) and doesn't specify max tire clearance.
https://www.yoeleobike.com/r6-aero-road-frameset.html
25c may be inaccurate value
geometry pic have QR instead of TA
yishunbike have the same frame lcr006-d as Yoeleo R6
Made by www.lightcarbon.com in Xiamen. I just got mine yesterday in custom neon green. Check my instagram for pics @durianriders Lightcarbon.com make the frames for a few brands. Nove is one of them. Their Aero X is the LCR006v and painted by lightcarbon.com. You can buy it direct from Lightcarbon/Yishun (same company) or pay extra and get someone else to do it for you. The Nove Race bike that Phil Gaimon uses is the LCR007v. They have taken these bikes off their site due to some recent controversy where Phil got exposed on Instagram for lying about his bike but if you message John or Jason they will sell you one in what ever color you want. They are ISO4210 tested.
My YT channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/durianriders?feature=mhee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Follow me on Strava

durianrider

by durianrider

LCR006v aka Nove Race X arrived from www.lightcarbon.com (original factory of these frames). Very well finished and build videos coming soon. :)
My YT channel

Follow me on Strava

Discodan

by Discodan

durianrider wrote:I have a yishun/lightcarbon LCR006v . Arrived yesterday. Phil Gaimon lied about where his bikes come from lol. What a fraud. Is he lying about being clean as well? :lol:
Stupid logic, most bikes are sourced from a 3rd party factory or wholesaler. Garmon said his bike is supplied by Nove which is true, the whole supply chain is a different discussion altogether.

On the topic of disclosure; do you have a commercial agreement with lightcarbon to tout their bikes or did they give you the frame in return for drumming up some business for them with a bit of fake controversy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I can't believe that Durian Rider can still be even remotely relevant.
Never cheer before you know who is winning