Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

betwo

by betwo

good reading, lots of information. At this moment I am between these frames: r01, fm08, fm066, fm069, they are very similar and it has cost me to decide.

jerome2710

by jerome2710

Could anyone with a TM6/FM109 inform me about the length of the seat post? Did anyone measure it and would it differ per frame size?

According to my bike fitting sessions, my optimal armpad stack and reach would be 622mm and 450mm.
The sizes 54 and 56 come closest to my numbers and have the following frame stack and reach:

• 54: 523mm and 403mm
  • 56: 545mm and 425mm

Which would lead me to a frame vs armpad difference of:

• 54: (622-523=) 99mm, (450-403=) 47mm.
  • 56: (622-545=) 77mm, (450-425=) 25mm.

The 54 would be my preference, because of the option to make my position more aero after getting used to the bike. However, my seat post should then rise 225mm. Taking a minimum insert of 100mm in consideration, the seat post should be at least 325mm. The sales department is unable to tell me what the length of the seat post is, so I was hoping anyone here could inform me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

betwo

by betwo

I contacted workswellbikes and they told me that they no longer sell the fm066, does any have references of the WCB-R-093?

troefel

by troefel

inertianinja wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 pm
New shoes arrived. Farsports 30mm deep/25mm wide. i can post the aliexpress seller if anyone's interested.

first ride today. happy with them so far, though as i posted earlier i have to do something about the rear brake reach.
can you give me the link of the reseller?

inertianinja

by inertianinja

troefel wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:38 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 pm
New shoes arrived. Farsports 30mm deep/25mm wide. i can post the aliexpress seller if anyone's interested.

first ride today. happy with them so far, though as i posted earlier i have to do something about the rear brake reach.
can you give me the link of the reseller?
Sure:
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ckHSSWNE

baldy

by baldy

jerome2710 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 pm
Could anyone with a TM6/FM109 inform me about the length of the seat post? Did anyone measure it and would it differ per frame size?

According to my bike fitting sessions, my optimal armpad stack and reach would be 622mm and 450mm.
The sizes 54 and 56 come closest to my numbers and have the following frame stack and reach:

• 54: 523mm and 403mm
  • 56: 545mm and 425mm

Which would lead me to a frame vs armpad difference of:

• 54: (622-523=) 99mm, (450-403=) 47mm.
  • 56: (622-545=) 77mm, (450-425=) 25mm.

The 54 would be my preference, because of the option to make my position more aero after getting used to the bike. However, my seat post should then rise 225mm. Taking a minimum insert of 100mm in consideration, the seat post should be at least 325mm. The sales department is unable to tell me what the length of the seat post is, so I was hoping anyone here could inform me.
Mine is only at 75 mm from the end of the markings with at least 200mm out of the frame, so I reckon it's close to 400mm long. I have a 51cm frame. I have just put it away following my last race of the season this morning, or I would have taken it out and measured it properly.

jerome2710

by jerome2710

baldy wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:09 pm
Mine is only at 75 mm from the end of the markings with at least 200mm out of the frame, so I reckon it's close to 400mm long. I have a 51cm frame. I have just put it away following my last race of the season this morning, or I would have taken it out and measured it properly.
Thanks a lot for your reply, should be OK then!

Nbriles2000

by Nbriles2000

Does anyone know if there is an open mold version of the diverge? If not, is there anything close?

Rone69

by Rone69

Hello to all,
I'd like your advices for a new carbon frame, I'm looking for a non-branded/Chinese road frame, the features that interested me are:
- good ride quality, I'm looking for an all-rounder with good climbing and descending quality (granfondo)
- tyres clearance up to 29mm or higher
- direct mount rim brakes would be nice
- seat tube angle 73° or 73.5° (in size 54-55) with standard seatpost
- obviously a good construction quality

So far, I've found only two frames with this specs or very close to them:
the first one is beautiful, but it's seem (a little bit) like a knoc-koff of the Tarmac SL6, it's the "Fasterway Classic" I don't find any info about the frame or about the manufacturer:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 434anLTPz0

the second one, it's the Gotobike B40 aka Winspace SLC 2.0, I've found many pics, it is used by some cycling society, some of wich are semi-pro ..
http://www.winspace-bikes.com/products/show-496.html
http://www.gotobike.com.cn/product/40-en.html

I will appreciate any suggestion you will give to me.
Thank you in advance.

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Rone69 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:07 pm
Hello to all,
I'd like your advices for a new carbon frame, I'm looking for a non-branded/Chinese road frame, the features that interested me are:
- good ride quality, I'm looking for an all-rounder with good climbing and descending quality (granfondo)
- tyres clearance up to 29mm or higher
- direct mount rim brakes would be nice
- seat tube angle 73° or 73.5° (in size 54-55) with standard seatpost
- obviously a good construction quality

So far, I've found only two frames with this specs or very close to them:
the first one is beautiful, but it's seem (a little bit) like a knoc-koff of the Tarmac SL6, it's the "Fasterway Classic" I don't find any info about the frame or about the manufacturer:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 434anLTPz0

the second one, it's the Gotobike B40 aka Winspace SLC 2.0, I've found many pics, it is used by some cycling society, some of wich are semi-pro ..
http://www.winspace-bikes.com/products/show-496.html
http://www.gotobike.com.cn/product/40-en.html

I will appreciate any suggestion you will give to me.
Thank you in advance.

OG-Evkin CF-025 ticks most of those boxes; not direct mount brakes but enormous tire clearance as is. The slightly lower BB drop at 73mm IMO makes it a very stable ride, especially when descending.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OG-CF02 ... 94229.html

You can also buy them via Ebay with more colors available-personally I like paint for UV protection.

Check my posts on page 205; It's now a little under 7.5kg with a carbon bar, Kalloy Uno stem and Ali Ti skewers.

jockstick

by jockstick

Have narrowed it down to Dengfu and Workswell for my first Chinese carbon frame.

Prices/geometry are near identical, do folks here have a preference between the two? Which one has a better finish?

I'm also concerned about small chips on the matte finish reaching the carbon - does anyone know what exactly the matte finish is, and if it'd be more protective to have it painted? There have been some pretty underwhelming Workswell paintjob experiences, so leaning towards Dengfu if I decide to get it painted.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

jockstick wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:29 am
does anyone know what exactly the matte finish is, and if it'd be more protective to have it painted?
It's a layer of matte clearcoat, both of my bikes and three wheelsets have it and no chips happened yet.

pedroja

by pedroja

Hello everybody!
I've been reading this post because I'm interested in changing my bike and I have some questions about the FM066 frame:

My height is 187 cm and in my other bike I use a size 58 with stem of 100cm, so seeing the geometry of this frame, I think I also need a size 58, right?

I have considered buying the FM008 frame, since it is an evolution of the FM066 but, is it really worth it? I mean, it has many improvements over the FM066?

I like aesthetically the FM066, because of the classic seatpost clamp, but if the FM008 is the best frame, then I would opt for the second option.

I would like to know if someone could compare the fm066 frameset with a cannondale or a trek to see if there is much difference

I hope that you can help me and sorry for so many questions

Thank you

Regards!

kidrob

by kidrob

pedroja wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 pm
Hello everybody!
I've been reading this post because I'm interested in changing my bike and I have some questions about the FM066 frame:

My height is 187 cm and in my other bike I use a size 58 with stem of 100cm, so seeing the geometry of this frame, I think I also need a size 58, right?

I have considered buying the FM008 frame, since it is an evolution of the FM066 but, is it really worth it? I mean, it has many improvements over the FM066?

I like aesthetically the FM066, because of the classic seatpost clamp, but if the FM008 is the best frame, then I would opt for the second option.

I would like to know if someone could compare the fm066 frameset with a cannondale or a trek to see if there is much difference

Thank you

Regards!
Hi, welcome to the forums.

I didn't do the comparison myself but it should have the same geometry than the SuperSix, this info should be somewhere in this thread...

I am really happy with my FM008, check my signature. FM066 is "proven" but I think really dated now.

Size 58 seems right, I am about the same size and also drive a 58. My stem is 110mm tough.

pedroja

by pedroja

kidrob wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:34 am
pedroja wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 pm
Hello everybody!

Thank you

Regards!
Hi, welcome to the forums.

I didn't do the comparison myself but it should have the same geometry than the SuperSix, this info should be somewhere in this thread...

I am really happy with my FM008, check my signature. FM066 is "proven" but I think really dated now.

Size 58 seems right, I am about the same size and also drive a 58. My stem is 110mm tough.
Thankyou for your answer!

I have just reading your post! I like very much your bike!
Do you can compare your bike with another bikes like Cannondale Supersix, Cervelo R3 or Trek Emonda?

Regards!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com