Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

romanmoser

by romanmoser

I would need L frame size , so I'm lucky I guess ...

They really should update the description then
Let us now how it go with the build , weight and don't hesitate to post pictures too if you can ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

th3d4n3

by th3d4n3

romanmoser wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:30 pm
I would need L frame size , so I'm lucky I guess ...

They really should update the description then
Let us now how it go with the build , weight and don't hesitate to post pictures too if you can ;)
Will do Soon. Busy at Work but might find the time during the weekend.

Weight for my size M, All inclusive is 1,9kg. So that is frame+fork+headset+expander plug+seatpost and integrated seat post clamp.

th3d4n3

by th3d4n3

So i will just post some initial photos on the Size M matte black Velobuild 3T Strada lookalike:

the velobuild site already provides some overview images, so i'll focus on the details:

View of the size M geo (specially around the headtube it looks quite different than the images on the velobuild homepage):

Going into the details:

front flat mount brake and cable exit:

I am a little uncertain about the spacing of the thru-axle, don't know if the lengths of the axles are correct (have been a QR roadie so far):

The bb seems a little messy at the interior:

The waterbottle mounting looks neat and as written before, is the only one on the sizes S and M:

This is what the seatpost clamp looks like, not very multi tool friendly:

and finally the detailed view of the rear end, again i am a little worried about the Thru axle length:

If you haver any questions or want images of other details feel free to ask.
As soon as the spraypaint arrives i'll start painting it up with this dark red as primary colour:
https://spray.bike/collections/all-prod ... sior-400ml
and details with this eggshell white:
https://spray.bike/collections/all-prod ... farm-400ml

The build will be Apex 1X with shimano ultegra stages cranks and wolfftooth single chain ring. Wheels are Tokyo Wheel epic in 55mm up front and 65mm rear depth.
Time expresso 10 pedals. So not intended to be lightweight - no mountains here in Denmark, only hills.
Last edited by th3d4n3 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Why is it ok to post counterfeits here?
Never cheer before you know who is winning

vladoo

by vladoo

Hi, I ordered this frameset from TanTan Cycling 3 weeks ago.

http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php? ... w&p_id=584

I am searching for thru axles (100 x 12 and 142 x 12). They have some very heavy chinese, but I want lighter solution. With smart price/wight ratio. Canyon, DT Swiss, Cube? Is there anybody riding this frameset and can help?
Thank You.
Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred. (V. Havel, november 1989)

Body

by Body

I am interested to buy the R022 by Velobuild. Has anybody expierences with this frame?

How is the service by Velobuild nowadays?
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

polaxgr

by polaxgr

very interesting thread this is. I am in the market for wheelset and frame, both carbon. I have found a company called Farsports ( around 600 euros for 50mm x 25mm ). Anyone had any exprenience with those? Also i am searching for a frame..and because it has a logo of another brand ( i am sorry but i really like the look of it and i dont have to spend 5.000 euros for a frame ). Could i upload links so i could get some advice? Thanks or if someone knows..can message me at my email dimitrischat @ gmail com

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Does anyone know what the widest rim is I could use with a FM066?
I'd like to try 25s or even 27s, but my current wheels are very narrow.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Looking for a bit of a unicorn here.

Hoping to find a frame with:

1) 12x100/142x12
2) Disc brakes
3) 1x compatible (44 or 46t) but able to go 2x
4) 2 bottles
5) Round seatpost in a normal size
6) Can take a 30mm tire
7) Aero-ish

I’m a mountain biker looking to build a 1x11 road bike that can handle light gravel use. I also want to run a dropper seatpost. And race it in a weekly crit series. Live at 7k ft/2200m and regularly ride to 10k/3000m+, and afternoon storms are common. Not looking for a gravel-specific frame; already have a bike for that purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

LeDuke wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 pm

1) 12x100/142x12
2) Disc brakes
4) 2 bottles
6) Can take a 30mm tire
7) Aero-ish

I’m a mountain biker looking to build a 1x11 road bike that can handle light gravel use. I also want to run a dropper seatpost. And race it in a weekly crit series. Live at 7k ft/2200m and regularly ride to 10k/3000m+, and afternoon storms are common. Not looking for a gravel-specific frame; already have a bike for that purpose.

Dengfu R10, 32c tire clearance.
http://m.dengfubikes.com/index.php?s=/197.html

Buy it quick and specifically ask for round seatpost because they are in process of revising it to use D-shape seatpost in next version.
What not in common size is the steerer tube size. It use straight oversized steerer tube instead of tapered down to normal 1 1/8 size.
Stem offer in this size are Giant OD2, Pro Vibe Di2 stem (having both 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 varience), some model of Ritchey stems. It is not a problem to find a suitable stem as you can buy them in pretty much all length and angle. Just knowing that your existing stem will not work unless your previous bike are Canyon Aeroad, Scott Foil or something else that also use oversized steerer tube.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using GPRS

kipduff

by kipduff

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:29 pm
LeDuke wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 pm

1) 12x100/142x12
2) Disc brakes
4) 2 bottles
6) Can take a 30mm tire
7) Aero-ish

Dengfu R10, 32c tire clearance.
http://m.dengfubikes.com/index.php?s=/197.html

Buy it quick and specifically ask for round seatpost because they are in process of revising it to use D-shape seatpost in next version.
What not in common size is the steerer tube size. It use straight oversized steerer tube instead of tapered down to normal 1 1/8 size.
Stem offer in this size are Giant OD2, Pro Vibe Di2 stem (having both 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 varience), some model of Ritchey stems. It is not a problem to find a suitable stem as you can buy them in pretty much all length and angle. Just knowing that your existing stem will not work unless your previous bike are Canyon Aeroad, Scott Foil or something else that also use oversized steerer tube.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using GPRS

Hexsense:

I'm thinking of getting one of these DF-R10 also. Do you have one? Does it have the open access to shifter cables at the BB area like DF-R04? Your opinion of R10? OD for stem is 1 1/4"?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

I don't have one (yet).
About to build disc brake bike so i shop around and talked to some manufacturers.
For Geometry: It's brillient on second smallest size and up. The smallest size have a bit too slack head tube angle (and insufficient fork rake) for my taste. --the smallest size is not perfect but is similar to most other open mold frame as most also use the same fork from smallest to largest size.

72mm bb drop offset wide tire's extra height, bring it lower to the ground. BB area is wide, may have problem clearing stages or some left arm power meter but that make sure it properly support wide tire. Handling should be on a stable side rather than twitchy (for both rougher road stability and high speed stability).

I don't know about cable routing on the older version, they are about to change it on the revised version (which will use D-shape seatpost) so you should just contact them and ask. I find their facebook page nice to chat with.

Yes, stem is 1 1/4, just like Scott Foil, Canyon Aeroad, Giant TCR/Propel's OD2.
Last edited by Hexsense on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

why the
) 1x compatible (44 or 46t) but able to go 2x ?

LeDuke

by LeDuke

romanmoser wrote:why the
) 1x compatible (44 or 46t) but able to go 2x ?
I want to run a dropper post via internal routing.

I know, seems ridiculous. But, I like going fast both up and down.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

inertianinja

by inertianinja

So, I ordeeed a FM-066 from the Seraph (Hongfu) AliExpress store. I know it’s not the most current design, but I always loved that super-simple Cervelo R5 silhouette.

I ordered a 56/BSA, but I have been getting repeated messages from them saying that it’s taking too long to make the BSA frame, and would I please consider taking a BB30 frame. I’ve avoided BB30 for years because of the stories about creaks, but I give up. I told them I’ll take it.

So now I need a BSA to BB30 adapter. Is anyone using one they like?

I was thinking of using this one from Wheels Mfg: https://wheelsmfg.com/bb30-to-outboard- ... black.html