BB30 crankset on S-Works OSBB

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sawyer

by sawyer

I know this has come up before, though the input was limited and I'm interested in any further information from people who run a BB30 crank with an S-Works OSBB

We all know that Specialized in their wisdom have complicated things with the OSBB.

I plan to fit an Exogram BB30 chainset to an S-Works Venge using the Delrin cups. Can anyone with this combination chime in to share their experience?
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aaric

by aaric

With the delrin cups in, OSBB uses BB30 spacing, and bearings. You should have no special issues using a BB30 crank.

The only possible issue would be frame clearance with the exogram, but that seems very highly unlikely.

And given that specialized has released the crankset on the frame, I think you are fine:

http://cyclelifeusa.com/2012/06/special ... d-edition/

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I'm running the SRAM Red Exogram crankset with no issues on my osbb Specialized SL3

UTmtnbiker

by UTmtnbiker

I just built up an S-Works SL4 with an Exogram BB30 crankset.

Pretensioner to take out the play and the dust caps/spacers that come with the crankset are all you need.

bikericer

by bikericer

Built just finished building my S-Works Venge with Red BB30 cranks with no issues, Pressfit BB30, dust shields, a spacer or two and the compression ring on the left side (or wavy washer) and it works great. Side note--- That bike is now for sale.

jdp211

by jdp211

When I had my Tarmac, I ran a hollowgram srm on it with no issues.

londoncommuter

by londoncommuter

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I've got an 2012 SL4 on order as well as a SRAM S951 chainset and would love any information on fitting them. The chainset I think is basically BB30 but has a longer axle (they also work in wider BBright frames).

What will I get in the box with the SL4, what's already installed and what else do I need?

Do people use the expoy that Specialized recommend and if so what for? I'd been reading a lot about the Loctite that Cervelo owners use, presumably that would be just as good (641 with 7649 primer)?

Any guidance much appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com