New tire rolling resistance data.

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
WMW
in the industry

by WMW

Johnny Rad wrote:I'm thinking I might run the ~165g black chili Attack up front and an Ultremo ZX out back.

You might have a hard time finding a 165g Attack... unless you wear it down first. The new one I have is 185g.

And the ZX didn't test very well for Crr. If you want a fatter rear tire the Force would be a good choice.
formerly rruff...

HillRPete

by HillRPete

rustychain wrote:My observation, is that low rolling resistance often is linked to less then ideal traction

This is pretty much what German "Tour" issue 9/2010 said about the Conti Podium. Wondering if it already ran on "Black Chili" back then. Unfortunately I don't have a better link than this excerpt: http://www.testberichte.de/test/produkt ... 34445.html

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

The Conti Podium is designed for TT events and I don't think it comes with BC compound either.

Either way I fail to see the relationship between low Crr and less than ideal traction. Is there any proof of that or is it no more than a mere observation?

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Has anyone noticed a correlation between the Crr and how high these tires bounce?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)