Time xpresso pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Attermann

by Attermann

It's a 0810 needle bearing

tri4autism

by tri4autism

Attermann wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:13 pm
It's a 0810 needle bearing
Correct... pic of the bearing in my XPro 15s with HK0810 bearing type
Attachments
IMG-6916.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tri4autism

by tri4autism

My order for parts from Time USA came... Xpro covers, spare leaf springs, and two needle bearings to have on hand. Fixed a pedal I was going to toss that had a broken leaf spring in less than a minute.

I don't mind working on pedals, definitely more maintenance vs. Shimano but I think weight, float, clipping in, etc. outweigh that...
Attachments
unnamed (2).jpg

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Did Time USA charge you for that? If so, how much?

tri4autism

by tri4autism

HammerTime2 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:00 pm
Did Time USA charge you for that? If so, how much?
They did but the parts were cheap, not sure how much shipping was as they sent me a form to fill out and put in my CC info. Parts took a little over two weeks to arrive in my mail box.

Xpro (pair) covers were $11
Needle bearings were $1/ea
Carbon bladed spring were $2/ea

mag

by mag

Funny, Time USA seems to operate better than the French HQ. I tried to source some Xpresso pedal spares from them and they basically said f*** off. I also tried it via our local distributor with pretty much the same result. :-D

KCookie

by KCookie

mag wrote:Funny, Time USA seems to operate better than the French HQ. I tried to source some Xpresso pedal spares from them and they basically said f*** off. I also tried it via our local distributor with pretty much the same result. :-D
At least you got a reply.
I sent them an email on the 25th October and no reply.
Just contacted Time usa so hopefully they can help by sending me some spare parts.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

ddddd1

by ddddd1

So they finally replaced the bushing with bearings? Is it on all Time pedals or only Xpro or more expensive models in Xpresso lineup?
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

RDY

by RDY

tri4autism wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:02 pm
KCookie wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:37 pm
Can anyone point me in the right direction please to get a replacement Xpresso 15 spindle.
I can't seem to find that particular part anywhere.
One of mine has worn badly on the tip where it goes into the small bearing. I've tried to remove the bearing to replace and its completely jammed.
Any advice to remove that would be much appreciated.
No problem at all with the other pedal.Image

I e-mailed Time USA and they got back to me in about a week... answered my questions and gave me pricing for replacement parts I requested. Didn't price the spindles as mine are good. Otherwise there are solid titanium 3rd party options on e-Bay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/J-L-Titanium-P ... 3011134047

They obviously make the hollow one 3rd party sold in the Costelo pedals, but I've not seen it for sale separately.

So what is in the Xpresso 15 that you can't remove? Is it a bushing or needle bearing? Two methods I've seen for removing things in a blind hole of sorts is hydraulic... pump some grease in the end and then jam a wooden dowel that is a tight fit into the bearing and it will drive the bearing up. Second is to use some sort of expansion screw, like used in drywall screw to expand in the bearing/bushing and then pull it out...

That's quite a bit of wear on the end of that spindle!
Do you know if that spindle also fits the Cyclo range? Or are they different.

tri4autism

by tri4autism

ddddd1 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:24 am
So they finally replaced the bushing with bearings? Is it on all Time pedals or only Xpro or more expensive models in Xpresso lineup?
Not sure across the product line but the XPro and Xpresso 15s do appear to use needle bearings in place of bushings.

I would guess they would work in any of the xpresso/xpro pedals though. Not sure they'd be better than a good quality bearing pressed onto the spindle... like people are already doing.

sheldonsmith

by sheldonsmith

KCookie wrote:Many thanks for the reply.
Time France still haven't replied to my email from 8 days ago so I might try USA.

Yes it the bearing that goes on the end of the spindle thats stuck inside the pedal.

The other side came out easy but the other is jammed solid, seems to have worn into the plastic. Image

My XPro 12 spindle did the same thing, although the needle bearing was stuck inside after a year of ownership (no more than 6000 miles on this particular pedal).

Time is warranty replacing them, but admittedly, it is taking them a long time (7 weeks and counting....)

-Sheldon

KCookie

by KCookie

sheldonsmith wrote:
KCookie wrote:Many thanks for the reply.
Time France still haven't replied to my email from 8 days ago so I might try USA.

Yes it the bearing that goes on the end of the spindle thats stuck inside the pedal.

The other side came out easy but the other is jammed solid, seems to have worn into the plastic. Image

My XPro 12 spindle did the same thing, although the needle bearing was stuck inside after a year of ownership (no more than 6000 miles on this particular pedal).

Time is warranty replacing them, but admittedly, it is taking them a long time (7 weeks and counting....)

-Sheldon
Hi Sheldon.
Did you go through Time USA, I've sent a few emails now and heard nothing in 6 weeks.
What email did you contact them through please.
Cheers

sheldonsmith

by sheldonsmith

Yes I went through TimeSport USA. The communication was pretty good until about October, then it went dark.

Rocky Bingham: rbigham@rossignol.com

I too have not heard anything for about the same period.

~ Sheldon

KCookie

by KCookie

Many thanks for the info.
I'll try emailing him and see if I get a response.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

sheldonsmith wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:46 pm
Yes I went through TimeSport USA. The communication was pretty good until about October, then it went dark.

Rocky Bingham: rbigham@rossignol.com

I too have not heard anything for about the same period.

~ Sheldon
What is the deal on change of ownership of Time? Is Rossignol still "acting" as Time USA? Or is there now a new non-Rossignol Time USA? Maybe the going dark in October was due to adios Rossignol as Time USA?

I have no idea whether this is current or correct information, but this is what was displayed a minute ago:

https://time-sport.us/pages/contact-us
Contact Us

TIME SPORT HEADQUARTERS

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

30161 Avenida de las Banderas, Unit A
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

info@timesportusa.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com