Time xpresso pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

I have a set of Xpresso 12s with a lot of miles, and the alu plates are getting pretty worn. I can't seem to find a source for the "replaceable" parts.
Anyone know where to get them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

russianbear

by russianbear

Fell victim to my Xpresso 2s sharp edge. Still love these pedals though.

Antoine

by Antoine

rowdysluggins wrote:I have a set of Xpresso 12s with a lot of miles, and the alu plates are getting pretty worn. I can't seem to find a source for the "replaceable" parts.
Anyone know where to get them?

don't know in the US but they offer 2 versions in this french site, steel and alu :

http://www.probikeshop.com/time-interch ... 92062.html

http://www.probikeshop.com/time-interch ... 92061.html

and it's cheaper if you speak french ...
http://www.probikeshop.fr/time-capot-in ... 92061.html
http://www.probikeshop.fr/time-capot-in ... 92062.html

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

Thanks Antoine!
I ordered a couple sets of the black, which should look better with my carboned-out matt black R1.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

russianbear wrote:Fell victim to my Xpresso 2s sharp edge. Still love these pedals though.

I have a pretty nasty scar now from my cut on the R leg a few months ago. Pedals work just fine, but seriously wished the "self defense side cutting machete" wasn't there!!

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Alberto-come on- its james bond style weapons against your foes.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

rowdysluggins wrote:Thanks Antoine!
I ordered a couple sets of the black, which should look better with my carboned-out matt black R1.

Okay, delivered yesterday. 5 day delivery from France. Not bad!

are

by are

Any update on cleat wear? The only thing holding me back from getting a pair are the horror stories on rapid cleat wear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lannes

by lannes

are wrote:Any update on cleat wear? The only thing holding me back from getting a pair are the horror stories on rapid cleat wear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

no problems at all with the cleat wear, the walking pontoons wear just like any other peadal, the section of the cleat that locks into the pedal doesn't wear at all

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

On a slightly OT question-- anyone know if these (ti) spindles will work on the xpresso pedals-

http://www.torontocycles.com/Selling/Pe ... ories.html (2nd from the bottom of the page)
Speedplay is the devil!

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I would guess no, Xpresso's do not have a flat edge to tighten them onto the cranks so maybe these are for older Time pedals..new Time's are allen key only...

lannes

by lannes

mdeth1313 wrote:On a slightly OT question-- anyone know if these (ti) spindles will work on the xpresso pedals-

http://www.torontocycles.com/Selling/Pe ... ories.html (2nd from the bottom of the page)

I think it will be hard to replace the spindles, as the bearing cap requires a proprietary tool to get it off, I asked Time and they said it's not meant to be opened.

probably just as easy just getting the Ti version of the Xpresso

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... vQod9QMAgg

dgasmd

by dgasmd

coloclimber wrote:Alberto-come on- its james bond style weapons against your foes.

Yep, but the scar has slowed down considerably the rocket like rise of my supermodel career. Besides, with all the years of judo, karate, and Japanese jui jitsu training I'm already the ultimate weapon LOL........

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

I've ridden the Time RXS and I-Clic pedals and found them the best for my slightly dodgy knees (certainly better than pedals with lots of free float). Recently I bought the Xpresso 6 pedals and thought great, lighter than the I-Clics, and with a bigger platform, however the right-hand bearing has gone after just 100 miles. For comparison the bearings on the RXS pedals sitting in my garage still feel fine, and those on the I-Clics are smooth on the left-hand-side, and a little bit worn on the right-hand (no play, just a bit rough). I've sent the pedals back for an exchange, but wondered whether the models higher in the range might have better bearings and/or seals?

BRM

by BRM

I bought some time ago the Xpresso 12.
I was not impressed. They were looking like cheap ass plastic childrens pedals made for a childrens bike.
Even the (12) print is done poorly.

Out of the box one pedal was seemly ok while the other had a click while turning the axle. Tried to examine the phenomenon, didnt matter how I was holding the pedal, upside down/diagonal. The click was Always on the same moment in the turning.

Besides that one of the cleats was not right produced. maybe you think its made from one piece but in fact it exists from 2 pieces pressed in eachother.

Then the fact they have sharp edges. How is it possible that a manufacturer of an A-brand with a history in pedals, makes such a beginners fault in designing? Idiotic.

I have send them back for a replacement, which i would get before the weekend the shopowner told me. They had in stock and would send me immediately a new pair. After 10 weeks waiting several mails and phonecalls I gave up and asked my money back.

Some later I decided to order elsewhere and because I had doubts I decided to buy a cheaper pair, the Xpresso 8. i bought the Pro version, which should come in total black. However I received the normal 8 red ones. After a few mails I finally managed to bring over to the shop that i ordered black ones and not red. The respons was that they had the pro's only in white, if I wanted the white ones . . . . . :shock:
Nooooo. Sailant detail: The red ones I received had a flaw. one had a braun print on it and the other white print.

Really, Time has a very mediocre quality control. And a stupid design department too.

Finally, I gave up the Xpresso model.
Maybe in the future i will try their next model, when they have found their brains back . . . .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com