Anyone ever used the titanium integrated Stronglights?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
iubike

by iubike

I was checking these out on their website and was curious if anyone has ever used them. Claimed weight of 610 grams which is about a half a pound less than my SLK's. I am surpised I have not heard any mention of these as the Pulsions are so popular. Ti spindle.... hummmm.

K

BigFloppyLlama

by BigFloppyLlama

madcow wrote:These are not yet available.

Haven't been keeping up to date as much lately, any news of a possible release date (or the non ti spindle)

twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

Should be hitting U.S. distributers at the end of Feb.

divve

by divve

I checked the exploded view of the new through axle cranks and noticed something funny about them. The bearings are inside the BB shell, just like standard ISIS.

iubike

by iubike

divve wrote:I checked the exploded view of the new through axle cranks and noticed something funny about them. The bearings are inside the BB shell, just like standard ISIS.

They are simply not external. The externals just move the bearings out a bit farther to supposedly make it stiffer. They also look cool, which is why so many people are jumping on it.

K

twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

Here's an x-ray view of the b.b design. Hopefully the benefit will be narrow q-factor at the spider, cause the opportunity for outboard bearing durability sure has been thrown out the window. At least they're double row.
Attachments
activ link.JPG

divve

by divve

iubike wrote:
divve wrote:I checked the exploded view of the new through axle cranks and noticed something funny about them. The bearings are inside the BB shell, just like standard ISIS.

They are simply not external. The externals just move the bearings out a bit farther to supposedly make it stiffer. They also look cool, which is why so many people are jumping on it.

K

I was more thinking in the direction that external cups allowed larger bearings with-in the limitations of current frame designs.

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

...external cups allow larger bearings within the limitations of current frame designs.

Exactly... this is the point of such designs...