Gaerne G. Chrono - opinions wanted

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

I have a pair of Gaerne g chrono shoes since September. I am extremely satisfied so far.
Great fit, very light (570gr @ size 44), stiff sole, nice ventilation (even at 30+ celcius), good materials and quality construction, looking great.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Just saw this thread pop back up and thought I would add a positive update. Ive had my Chronos all year and ridden in all conditions and they look and ride great. I have had issues with Gaerne shoes looking a bit worse for the wear after one season but these still look almost new, despite all being white. Well done.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

Does anybody know the continental Europe source where I can get 2014 Chrono Carbon (not PLUS)? I found few shops in Italy and Germany with more reasonable prices than these in the UK, €290 vs £290, but all these guys do not have them in stock.
It seems that folks with a bit bigger feet are limited to only two colour options. Some colour versions are up to size 46 only. Bigger sizes only in black and white.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Good shoes... A big improvement for Gaerne. I wouldnt call the soles "stiff" relative to several others. They have more flex than Sidi Wire, Northwave Extreme Tech, lake CX300 and 402... BUT that's not to say its a problem.

I actually like a little bit of sole movement. And the portion of the sole plate that mounts the cleat is rock solid and without movement that allows for hot spots etc... It's a bit like Sidi's sole used to be and that's not a bad thing at all.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I have two weeks on a pair so far and have no complaints. I usually wear a 10.5 and had to size down to a 9.5 as far as the US sizes go. They feel better than some other shoes I've used, so that's a plus.