Ciamillo Crank V2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

http://www.veloptimal.com/forum/downloa ... &mode=view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

use google translater:

http://www.veloptimal.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=44849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

best regards
Last edited by elfuinha on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runner999

by runner999

Gravitas Crankset
■Mass : 390 grams (as shown, does not include rings or bottom bracket)
■Interchangeable spider from compact to standard
■BB30, BSA, BSA adpated to 30, BBRight
■Q-factor: customizable
■Fully customizable arm lengths
■Custom anodize and powder coating
■High modulus carbon fiber tubes with PTS locking technology (patent pending)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Beautiful stuff, to be sure!

farm_lim

by farm_lim

without the carbon arm covers, if there is, looks familiar with another.
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

lechat

by lechat

Pretty radical styling. Feasible if being the only kid-on-the-block..etc, matters to you. And, of course you have the $ to drop on 'em. Wouldn't want to have to keep the bastids clean tho'. One puddle could queer your whole ride.
Otherwise, the weight is close to my '11 S-Works I picked up on eBay for $200 (arms/alloy spider, with a carbon spider they may be a bit less). And the complexity of the design increases the # of failure points. I assume they come with a good warranty.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

The idea of hollow tubing for cranks isn't new. think of the caramba cranks:

'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

1spd

by 1spd

lechat wrote:Pretty radical styling. Feasible if being the only kid-on-the-block..etc, matters to you. And, of course you have the $ to drop on 'em. Wouldn't want to have to keep the bastids clean tho'. One puddle could queer your whole ride.
Otherwise, the weight is close to my '11 S-Works I picked up on eBay for $200 (arms/alloy spider, with a carbon spider they may be a bit less). And the complexity of the design increases the # of failure points. I assume they come with a good warranty.

Never ASS U ME!

They do look purty though! I think I would go for a set of S-works and save the $$ for something else personally as noted.
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

lewolive

by lewolive

1spd wrote:

Never ASS U ME!

They do look purty though! I think I would go for a set of S-works and save the $$ for something else personally as noted.

I have watched a weight around 455g for the S-Works. That's not so close to this Ciamillo crank but I agree that if you're looking for the cheapest gram saved this Ciamillo crank is not the best.
But the stiffness is gonna be impressive and the design very unique. And I don't speak about unlimited custom options that are making this product very interesting for people looking for optimized parts for their own use !
The last thing is that it's a 100% made in USA product and this only fact should be taken into consideration from US buyers who want to preserve their jobs.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Didn't like the first design, but the new design is HOT HOT HOT!

Mackers

by Mackers

What was wrong with this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108066

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Mackers wrote:What was wrong with this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108066" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Different crank altogether.

Same deposit though.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

lewolive wrote:I have watched a weight around 455g for the S-Works. That's not so close to this Ciamillo crank but I agree that if you're looking for the cheapest gram saved this Ciamillo crank is not the best.

My Lightning SL cranks are 356g for the arms and spider (110). With BB30 and extralite rings the entire set comes in around 540g. I expected to have to dump the rings (based on past experience) but they must have improved them as the shifting has been perfect.

I think the ciamillo looks better, the vumaquads looked better too, but this is WW- light is right! (so is cheaper)
Speedplay is the devil!

lewolive

by lewolive

The lightning is a good product for people who are looking for an affordable and very light product.
The Ciamillo brand is no longer trying to make the lightest at any price. We are targeting something very stiff and then very light, with a nice design.
I honestly think that the crank market is large enough for several different light cranks, each customer will make his own choice between his budget, weight and stiffness needs... and of course the design.

Mackers

by Mackers

ghisallo2003 wrote:
Mackers wrote:What was wrong with this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108066

Different crank altogether.

Same deposit though.

Read the whole thread, they changed the design halfway through.
After taking deposits, of course.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Irony maybe? I know dude; I was part of the thread. Just pointing out again, that great though this product looks (and I do like the look) the way the launch has been managed, with a fundamental design change should give pause for thought.