Going down in frame size?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elviento

by elviento

The bad thing about a nose down position is sliding forward, so I like my saddle nose up just a tiny bit.

I did notice that the further back one sits on the saddle, the less likely a nose-up angle would interfere with the soft spots. Of course people are all built a bit differently so ya gotta try different positions to find one that works best.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

elviento wrote:The bad thing about a nose down position is sliding forward, so I like my saddle nose up just a tiny bit.

I did notice that the further back one sits on the saddle, the less likely a nose-up angle would interfere with the soft spots. Of course people are all built a bit differently so ya gotta try different positions to find one that works best.

This is true about nose down to a certain extent however I think that this comes down to the severity of the angle more than anything else. For example I have tried nose down -3 and -2degree approximately just to kind of see what it was like and in those cases I was definitely sliding or falling forward. I could feel myself tipping so to speak. However, when I ran the saddle nose flat or up to about ~1degree max I couldn't really notice any slipping even when ridding hands free and purposely trying to test this.

I think some people go a bit overboard with the nose down as a method to relieve pressure and in those cases yes slipping will be an issue.

Also, where you sit I feel like effects saddles that are not perfectly flat in particular. Those that are flat as a board, Antares comes to mind, should be the same angle the whole way through while something with a dip like the Aliante it will change markedly with nose angle
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend