Page 1 of 2

Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 am
by KLabs
Hey Guys, have any of you used or know something about these frames/bikes. They look very interesting :-)

Here's a link ... http://www.delta7bikes.com/ascend-road-bike.htm

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:13 pm
by Craigagogo
I have never ridden or even seen one of these but the concept has got me thinking what if...

What if there is a whistling wind noise through those tubes when giving full gas? :shock:

What if (when) it got all covered in road spooge? I would just power-wash the thing to clean the matrix otherwise a tedious job...regardless, what a pain. :cry:

The Delta 7 Ascend road bike frame weighs only 1.9 pounds
or 862 g (likely for the 50 cm size)

Frame weight 2.4lbs (56cm)
or 1088 g for the 56 cm road frame

So disappointing weight but perhaps this concept would provide unique riding qualities like enhanced vibration dampening...Idunno

The idea has been around for a few years now.

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:13 pm
by Weenie

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 pm
by HammerTime2
Craigagogo wrote:What if there is a whistling wind noise through those tubes when giving full gas? :shock:
Then there will be a whistling wind noise through those tubes when giving full gas.

Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:49 pm
by btompkins0112
Whistling and not particularly light or not, that's one ugly bike.

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:07 pm
by Craigagogo
HammerTime2 wrote:
Craigagogo wrote:What if there is a whistling wind noise through those tubes when giving full gas? :shock:
Then there will be a whistling wind noise through those tubes when giving full gas.


Always the witty repartee.

Made me chuckle as always :lol:

Renovo Hardwood Bicycles

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:39 pm
by KLabs
So, can't see anything good about this design ...

What about Renovo Hardwood Bicycles ... http://www.renovobikes.com/

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:15 am
by Powerful Pete
A member here has chronicled in great detail a Renovo build. Certainly a beautiful frame.

Read all about it here.

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:43 am
by Bianchi10
efficient or not, that is hideous!

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 am
by KLabs
Powerful Pete wrote:A member here has chronicled in great detail a Renovo build. Certainly a beautiful frame.
Read all about it here.

Thanks Powerful Pete :-)

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:15 am
by KLabs
Bianchi10 wrote:efficient or not, that is hideous!

I thought that it looked quite interesting ... definitely not hideous :-)

I haven't seen any good comments so far, about this bike ... has anybody here actually ridden this bike :-)

I wonder why they haven't used this design in the tail stays ...

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:33 am
by Frankie13
I have seen the bike in person mounted with Lightweight wheels at the Vegas bike show in 2009. Defiantly different but it did look cool.

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:57 am
by kevosinn
I rode it at interbike 2009 and I loved it. Im not sure if they are even around anymore though?

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:11 am
by BikeNerd2453
kevosinn wrote:I rode it at interbike 2009 and I loved it. Im not sure if they are even around anymore though?

A bunch of them broke, I think I saw 2 or 3 of the demo bikes with the entire HT snapped off...

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 am
by kevosinn
WOA glad that didnt happen to me

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 am
by Weenie

Re: Delta7 Road Bike

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:16 am
by agfu
KLabs wrote:
I haven't seen any good comments so far, about this bike ... has anybody here actually ridden this bike :-)



There was a review by RBA in 2010 on this bike

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/Bike-Test ... scend.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;