if a toupe 143 fits me well, what fizik saddle should I try?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
motorthings

by motorthings

I have ridden the specialized toupe expert saddles for years, and loved them, but sometimes during this last season I developed some sitbone pain on one side.

Now that it is trainer season, that sitbone pain is coming back, since I move around less on the trainer. I'd like to get a cushier saddle for trainer use, and am considering a Fizik saddle (since i can get a demo to try).

Anyone here who lived with and enjoyed the toupe ever switched to Fizik and end up more comfy? If so, which one? (i realize a lightweight one is part of the correct answer)

by Weenie

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

A Toupe 143 fit me well and then I decided firm but more padding was what I was also looking for. I went with the Romin EVO Carbon rail and TI on the other bike. The fiz.. did not work at all since I was use to the the relief channel on the Specialized seat.

I hope this helps
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

motorthings

by motorthings

i have tried the EVO pro, but my sitbones got very unhappy with that one...but i might try the EVO comp gel version (or a cushier flavor of the toupe). I do like the cutout on the specialized saddles.

tosterbe

by tosterbe

Aliante versus.

Brief saddle history: arione for 6 months. Toupe 143 1.5 years, prologo scratch 3 months. Aliante versus 2 years. Happy undercarriage.

:D

crohnsy

by crohnsy

motorthings wrote:i have tried the EVO pro, but my sitbones got very unhappy with that one...but i might try the EVO comp gel version (or a cushier flavor of the toupe). I do like the cutout on the specialized saddles.

did you size up on the Evo?

motorthings

by motorthings

i did not, but have heard it might help...

ergott

by ergott

Antares VS for wider sit bones. Thank me later.

yeagermeister

by yeagermeister

I rode toupe's for 5 years happily, tried the arione and Antares versus and only lasted 20 miles each, then I switched to a selle italia slr flow and it's been the best I've ridden. Just my personal experience.

sawyer

by sawyer

Antares. I have ridden toupe 143 for 8 years and Antares for 2 years ... have them both on different bikes.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

cc3chan

by cc3chan

Antares, I went through the same thing you did. No regrets at all on the choice.

by Weenie

skinnywater
Shop Owner

by skinnywater

I rode the 143 Toupe for 2 years also. Once I switched to the TCR with Zipps that saddle killed me. Intense pain after long efforts sitting. Demo'ed all the Fizik stuff. Ended up with the Aliante Carbon k:ium. It does have the cut out in the middle same as the Toupe. It's made out of a more flexible carbon sole, just not open to air. I have bigger legs and the microtex fiber hasn't damaged my bibs at all. I have over 2k miles on it and couldn't be happier.
Richard Traugott
Sales Manager
Ryder Bikes - Bradenton
1905 Cortez Rd W
Bradenton, Fl 34207
941-756-5480

http://ryderbikes.com/
http://www.seasucker.com/