Cannondale SiSL Crank Installation Pointers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattlawro

by mattlawro

Thanks starnut, no need to photo I've seen pics of the evo lock nut and clocked the bevel on the four prongs.
I've ordered one from dr.cannondale waiting for delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mattlawro

by mattlawro

....waiting for lock-ring
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337076243.112404.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glowder

by glowder

Sorry to resurrect this issue but my Evo is bound to arrive next week and I want to make sure I'm clear about this and have everything I need.

I purchased my Cannondale SL through my lbs in early 2011, so I think it's the latest version (though clearly not with the Evo spider).

Starnut definitively said lock ring only, but others say spider, and maybe spindle, also.

Photos would be great, Starnut. And have others found that Evo lock ring is all that's needed?

slyboots

by slyboots

New lockring is enough for standard spider, but you'll need both new lockring and new spider with compact.
You might get away with other tricks, but lockring / lockring+spider is a safe bet.

glowder

by glowder

Alright, so since I've got the 2011 compact hollowgram, I'm going to order the Evo spider (along with the Evo lockring). It seems like this is the safest (if most expensive) option.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

So how much material has been removed on the new Evo lockring? Maybe someone could post a side by side comparison pic of the old locking and new Evo Lockring?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

billspreston

by billspreston

"Regular" Lockring:

Evo Lockring (notice the beveled edges):

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Hmmm time to get the file out 8)
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

glowder

by glowder

Just got my Evo specific spider. In fact it is about 2mm thinner at it's center from the old sisl spider, where it connects to the BB. Seems like it could be significant. I wish I had a shed and a file to take my older spider down to size.

loco2546

by loco2546

Whats up weight weenies ! i finally got my hollowgram sl :D i bought it from ebay and the package includes ...
1-crank arms
2-chainrings 53/39 as well as the bolts
3-spindles
4-crank arm bolts(black one)

Question doe ... Do i need to buy the wavy washer and bearing covers ..? please help.! :beerchug:

Can you please be more descriptive in your thread subjects. This is the 2nd I've had to edit.

hmai18

by hmai18

As far as I know, you'll also need to get the wavy washer and the black spacers for bearing preload. You'll also need the spider and lockring (assuming they're not a part of the "chainrings" you've already listed).

loco2546

by loco2546

Thanks for the reply .! The Spider was in the set That i bought ..... So basically the wavy washer and the bearing covers..? Is that right .....? :oops:

soonerrebel

by soonerrebel

You need the 6806 BB30 bearings , bearings covers , black plastic spacer washers and the wavy washer.

loco2546

by loco2546

soonerrebel wrote:You need the 6806 BB30 bearings , bearings covers , black plastic spacer washers and the wavy washer.

Does the stock bearings can be used with this crankset....? i asked because they are bb30 bearings..? :mrgreen: THANKS FOR THE REPLY GUYS ! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

stock bearings are fine