All what ifs but it still isn't ideal.
Bought and had a 6870 DI2 groupo installed on my '12 Madone 5.9. Turns out the front junction they sold and installed was the 6770 SM-EW67 and the external BTR1 battery. I am ok with the external battery (even though they could have sold/installed the BTR2 internal), but I am NOT ok with the 6770 EW67 junction. I have since purchased the SM-EW90 3 port and cables. Two questions:
- Will the BCR2 charge the external BTR1 battery. Been reading reports that it can with latest f/w updates. This is minimal for me, but need to know.
- More important: Can I use the BCR2 to program the system or do I need the PCE1 to do it even though I have an external BTR1 battery? Are there any risks? BCR2 is half the cost of the PCE1! I am not getting consistent information one way or the other when searching online.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Benjamin Franklin
I have a Giant TCR Advanced SL with Ultegra 6770 (10 Speed) Di2. I also have a Boardman TTE with Dura-Ace 11speed Di2.
I have problems with the Giant collecting water in the external battery mount - initially under the chain stay mount, which i changed to a bottle cage mount when the first mount had to be replaced (thinking there might be less chance of water getting in), but it has crapped itself again and i think i will need a new cable and battery mount to continue with the external battery so instead I am likely to change to an internal battery.
1) does anyone know for sure if the battery fits in the ISP of the Giant?...i believe the battery is 16.3mm diameter, and as a test i have been able to slide an approx 17mm cylinder down the tube with a little bit of play left, so I think it should fit, but would be great if anyone can confirm for sure [presumably newer TCR SL's are using internal batteries too]
2) Since I have the TTE I already have a SM-BCR2 charger/e-tube interface, of course the TTE also has the SM-EW90 junction too, whereas the Giant has the SM-EW67. Having read this topic and surfed numerous others on the subject, I believe, but would like to confirm, that I could simply get a battery and e-tube wire and stick with the SM-EW67 - so long as i am happy to charge the battery by temporarily substituting my SM-EW90 from the other bike (as I am not going to hack the SM-BCR2 since i need it for the TTE and I am no good at soldering etc)....in doing this, i would also be able to update firmware on my Giant components (FD/RD/Shifters)? Does this leave me with a problem that the SM-EW67 needs updating but i cannot do it? or is it possible to connect the SM-EW67 & SM-EW90 at the same time (temporarily), in order to update firmware on the SM-EW67? [if not, then i presume if my local bike shop has the PC interface I should be able to just get the SM-EW67 updated on its own?....and then everything should work using new firmware?]
3) Is there any issues I have not considered above? It would be great to be able to do the swap without having to get another SM-EW90 and 2xSD50 wires to replace the SM-EW67- saves money and a little bit of time in unwrapping and rewrapping the bars
Thanks in advance for any advice
I am experiencing the front derailleur shifting from the large chain ring to the small chain ring occasionally when shifting up or down the cassette. This only happens once in 50 to 100 or so shifts and is quite disconcerting.
I noticed that MisterNoChain also noticed this (pg. 20 of this thread). Has anyone else experienced this and do they have a solution ??
i.e. connect to wired ports to shifters, and connect unwired port to derailleurs/battery via junction b
SM-EW90 manual suggest that you can connect anything to any port
Anyone can confirm that SM-EW67 is really limited to specific port usage?
or you can use ports in any order (connect derailleurs/battery, shifter to any port)
ooo wrote:Anyone have older firmware setup exe/zip files?
Version V_2_5_2 is the most important version to have on file. This is the last version that allows 11sp RDs to work with 10sp FDs or vice versa.
I have a bike with ST-6770, FD-6770 and RD-6870 (and I can switch it back and forth with a RD-6770 with my 10spd wheels).
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 4 Replies
- 656 Views
Last post by glepore
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:35 pm
- 2 Replies
- 610 Views
Last post by yumseyo
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:59 pm
- 7 Replies
- 319 Views
Last post by BdaGhisallo
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 pm
- 0 Replies
- 528 Views
Last post by Timmy269
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:08 pm
- 9 Replies
- 1383 Views
Last post by RJKflyer
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:22 am