Samu's Kitchen!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pena135

by pena135

I too am wondering if that is one of Samu's frames? info info... or was it just a bad joke that i fell for?

hockinsk

by hockinsk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Naaah really! I bet the Spec desingners just read the Samu Thread ;-)
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

verhoevengeo

by verhoevengeo

As many of you I'm also looking to buy a samu's stubby for my addict frame. Anyone of you know if the production version is for sale already and maybe knows where to order them? Don't know where I can start looking for it and if some are already sold. thanks for feedback. Geoffrey - Belgium.

j_gantzer
in the industry

by j_gantzer

bump dido

kenyoncycleist

by kenyoncycleist

verhoevengeo wrote:As many of you I'm also looking to buy a samu's stubby for my addict frame. Anyone of you know if the production version is for sale already and maybe knows where to order them? Don't know where I can start looking for it and if some are already sold. thanks for feedback. Geoffrey - Belgium.

Lame..still no word from Herr nutjob

OLITE

by OLITE

kenyoncycleist wrote:
verhoevengeo wrote:As many of you I'm also looking to buy a samu's stubby for my addict frame. Anyone of you know if the production version is for sale already and maybe knows where to order them? Don't know where I can start looking for it and if some are already sold. thanks for feedback. Geoffrey - Belgium.

Lame..still no word from Herr nutjob

nutjob, as in super guy busting his nuts to do a great job?

whats up with the attitude?

mattr

by mattr

OLITE wrote:whats up with the attitude?
Read from page 72 onwards, KC isn't exactly patient.

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

Hi all.

I have run out of time doing CF things quite long ago, same as even reading WW. I tryed to do it both but I must say that I really can't do any CF work for money for anybody. Getting money/used time ratio correct is not easy even request is hight. I do only frame and wheel repairs, maybe, AND inside EU. I try to cut work to get even time to read WW...

Biggest reason was to get FUN back doing things that nobody does. I did have ideas what I would want to do for myself but I was forced to use some boring factory products because I haven't time. And it's more fun to something for yourself when there is no time or money limit.

As I currently own bike shop and cycling parts distribution company, it's more important now. Days are SO short...I hope to get thing organisend better and do some CF project just for fun then.

Our shop sells mostly bikes, clothing and 3T parts. Also some tyres.

As you can quess, all our brands are selected by hight quality. So we can build quite nice bikes. As I don't take it so seriusly making money, I like to keep always "too big" stock and take serius look before any brand get in our store. Even profit margin is good and may be it sells some time well, but product sucks, it's not getting here. This was issue for exsample KCNC brakes. I do still stock their q-releases but not brakes anymore because they don't match my oppinion about good quality. Yes, they sell easy but I can't say to customer face to face that quality is good...same goes to bikes, if all bikes are very different EVERY year, how you make claims to customer...?

This is not adderticement. I just want to make it clear what I do now and why.

Well, I need to get one Cervelo R4 as demobike....some pix fron Cervelo techical training camp in Portugal...it always nice to talk about bikes with those boys...

http://www.signature.fi/BrainBike2010.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kraaf

by Kraaf

No more exotic CarBling comin' our way? That makes me a sad Panda.

But best of luck with the shop!

very OT: Care to elaborate on the quality of the KCNC brakes?
I love you guys. Seriously.

djconnel

by djconnel

First, R4 = RCA?

Second: moral of the story is to always embrace what you have today, because it may not be there tomorrow. Things always change. I've been a long-time fan of your work -- thanks for what you've done!

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I read the entire thread :unbelievable:
Samu is definitely the man :beerchug:

KB

by KB

Samu, thx for everything you have done on WW.

BmanX

by BmanX

I agree with KB. Thank you for everything that you have contributed to WW. This was one of the best threads going for years. Wishing you all the best in your new endevor and know that you will do amazingly well.

If you ever do get back into making some carbon parts especially for Cervelo bikes, let me know. :thumbup:
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

kman

by kman

Wow, so this is really the end of the Samu's Kitchen thread? I remember when LJ started the thread and I've probably only seen half (at most) of what Samu has done but it was always impressive.
Bravo Samu and good luck.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com