Samu's Kitchen!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kenyoncycleist

by kenyoncycleist

Dennis wrote:
please stop ignoring me!!! i have asked u numerous times now when the stubby post for the scott addict is coming out to no avail. are u trying to sell these products or what?

I don't want to offend you, but If I was Samu, I didn't want to sell you a stubby in a million years after reading your post. :shock:

ya know buddy at this point he has lost a potential customer, dude cant be bothered to reply to numerous posts about a product, gawd knows how he will be if the product is defective.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

kenyoncycleist wrote:
Dennis wrote:
please stop ignoring me!!! i have asked u numerous times now when the stubby post for the scott addict is coming out to no avail. are u trying to sell these products or what?

I don't want to offend you, but If I was Samu, I didn't want to sell you a stubby in a million years after reading your post. :shock:

ya know buddy at this point he has lost a potential customer, dude cant be bothered to reply to numerous posts about a product, gawd knows how he will be if the product is defective.

Your attitude above is exactly why he either can't or won't respond to you. I can only imagine how you'd act if, god forbid, one of his one off seat masts happened to break on you.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

BmanX

by BmanX

@ kenyoncycleist - Attacks on fellow WW posters will not only make this worse but could get you banned. This should not have been brought up in the thread and should have been handled in a PM. If you had to bring it up in the post which should not have happened in the first place, maybe some tact and professionalism would have suited the situation a bit better. Samu is very very busy with his new business as well as all of his custom projects and in several posts has mentioned that he has a very hard time keeping up with all of the demands. He has also gone on record saying that when he as time to sort out the stubby he will. Only he knows when that time will be.

Please relax and take a more sutble approach to your request.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

kenyoncycleist wrote:well it seems he cant even be bothered to reply to my post. and you can bleep off mate i just had surgery on my collarbone and im not in the mood.

Then don't post. It'll be easier on your collarbone.

Stop taking it out on other people. You come across as a complete tool.

Samu's a bit of a genius. When the stubby posts are ready, then you may be able to buy one. Things take time. Things require patience.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

tochnics

by tochnics

samu is a dream to work with
but bare in mind that custom made things, and specialy new things take ages to make
i am glad he can even keep us up to date as busy as he is
Join the light side

a light bike does make you go faster unless you are slow

theremery

by theremery

I wonder how the mona lisa would have turned out if Da Vinci had been pressured to respond to a timeline (he possibly was...but.....).
Great custom work is blurring the borderline between art and engineering and you need to bear in mind that Samu probably has more pressing projects than a pillar or 20 for those of us who will line up for them. I'll personally be buying one for sure, and I do have the patience to wait.
I don't think you should rush an artist at all!
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

mattr

by mattr

theremery wrote:I don't think you should rush an artist at all!

But thats why Kenyon has a broken collarbone, rushing so much he couldn't be bothered to notice trail obstacles. Thought that was the first rule of mountain biking, watch where the f**k you are going.

Carries the same mentality over into everything else........ ;)

theremery

by theremery

Hey I just dropped back and checked the Doric Custom. Thats pretty much what I'm doing on the top of my ISP. I've finally got some silicon gel* (from a dentist mate) to have a crack at the subtle layback like this one using a pretty similar shape (tho , I suspect a little longer in the layback part and a bit chunkier). I had my first crack at it the other day but I totally suck at carbon layup. I'll post one when it doesn't look embarrasingly bad.
My eventual goal is to make 3 or 4 with slightly different stack heights as I use different shoes and saddles which fractionally changes my leg length. Good to see that the idea is not crazy (all my mates thought I was mad) :)

( * the flexible moulding stuff that easy-releases....hoping I can do a much better job than my first "wax painted" plaster + horse hair mould)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

kenyoncycleist

by kenyoncycleist

BmanX wrote:@ kenyoncycleist - Attacks on fellow WW posters will not only make this worse but could get you banned. This should not have been brought up in the thread and should have been handled in a PM. If you had to bring it up in the post which should not have happened in the first place, maybe some tact and professionalism would have suited the situation a bit better. Samu is very very busy with his new business as well as all of his custom projects and in several posts has mentioned that he has a very hard time keeping up with all of the demands. He has also gone on record saying that when he as time to sort out the stubby he will. Only he knows when that time will be.

Please relax and take a more sutble approach to your request.

umm...they attacked me or did u not read the last page

BmanX

by BmanX

You asked Samu a question in a post in which he did not reply and then you started to act like a child that is looking for a cookie and is not getting it. You could have just left it alone or sent Samu an email like what most adults would have done and if he did not answer, just left it alone knowing that maybe he has more pressing issues that need to be taken care of before he gets back to you.

The manner in which you have been acting is just that of a child seeking attention.

Send Samu an email and leave it at that. By now, I am sure he knows who you are and has made up his mind on how to handle your request which by the looks of it, is to ignore a potential troublesome and high maintenance customer which I too would walk away from.

But I digress as my main motto is to "NOT FEED THE TROLLS" on this site but damn it if I didn't blow it this time.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Kraaf

by Kraaf

BmanX wrote:But I digress as my main motto is to "NOT FEED THE TROLLS" on this site but damn it if I didn't blow it this time.

Hehehe.

I'm just sitting back and waiting for the next carbon goodness to appear in this magnificent thread. Glad all the while that Samu approves of Cervelo, allowing me to keep riding mine with a big stupid grin on my face.
I love you guys. Seriously.

nogueira.nuno

by nogueira.nuno

Hi Samu, how is every thing, nice to meet you.
When can we see some thing like a Samu/Signature Online shop??
I know or imagine that could be extra work for you to build the site, make parts and shipp them, ok together with other brands that you sell but could be and its only an idea.

Shamus

by Shamus

He has been busy... :D
Attachments
signaturespessu.jpg

djconnel

by djconnel

Looks just like the sketch to me :):

eurperg

by eurperg

Shamus wrote:He has been busy... :D

Hmm... Does he have something to do with the new Specialized TT frame?!? :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com