Samu's Kitchen!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pantani

by Pantani

Its good to hear from you again Samu and best of luck with your shop. Perhaps its the recession, but I have a sense that there's not that much exciting happening in the cycling world. Certainly Eurobike was full of open mould, me too products. And with the UCI doing its best to kill innovation, its a bit dispiriting really.
Not everything that counts can be counted. Not everything that can be counted counts.

nogueira.nuno

by nogueira.nuno

Hi Samu,

I hope you have enjoyed Portugal wherever you wore here :)

But why is not your web site not more in English?? Its beeing planed?
I specialy enjoyed the description about your carbon pieces manufacture.

Regards and thanks

Nuno

Any way just let me show my home made Stubby for the guys here ;)

The seat is the Tune Speednnedle Marathon and the total weight was 86grams has it is and without going for example for a carbon clamp to remove more weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rustychain

by rustychain

Nice clamp, does it have a weight limit?
I have used speedneedle saddles for several years. IMO they are best run with the section were your seat bones hit level, IE nose further up. I have to think that position is pushing you way forward. Are you getting any numbness in your hands? :beerchug:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

nogueira.nuno

by nogueira.nuno

Hi, no, dont know and not sure, never done a Crash test to the Stubby :)

I can tell you that that tube gave me more work to cut that a bar of aluminium, its really hard stuff and this is why I didnt even put an reinforcement inside.

Regarding the numbness, yes I have a litle after some time but on the right hand.
I have heard that but I was thinking how could that be possible, because in this case I think that with the back in that position I can kind of put the back of my ass against there and like being engaiged in to it.
Dont push me forward at all, but with the nose a litle up will not cut my circulation on my ......??

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Is samu still making custom parts? I see from his website that he is a big distributed of bike related stuff in Finland. His custom stuff was awesome.

djm

by djm

We need to see if anything is still cooking in your kitchen, Samu Ilonen! :-) Sisu?