FSA K Force 2-bolt Seatpost w/setback--lighter options?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sandico

by sandico

I have an FSA K Force carbon post. 31.6, two bolt adjustment. I have not weighed it (came on eBay bike) but suspect its not all that light. I do need a setback so the zero ones don't work, although I realize they are the lightest.

What are other good options for a setback version--if you know rough weight and price that would be helpful. Trying to do the ol cost per gram saved calc.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Antoine

by Antoine

the older Easton EC 90 has similar setback and is lighter : about 190g

I bought one 85 euros on ebay some time ago, could be cheaper now but more difficult to find

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

+1 for the EC90. Fizik Cyrano Carbon looks to be 193g, Thomson Elite not too far behind, although the look does not thrill everyone...and it's AL if that matters to you.

The FSA you mention is apparently around 213g, so not a huge weight savings...

sandico

by sandico

I thought of another option. My Madone had a Forte Precision 27.2 seatpost. It is 140gms. I found a 31.6 one for the SS. Its 180gms. Not as purty carbon as FSA or others but a significant savings.

I took the FSA off and weighed it FYI, its 214 gms. So, 34 gms toward the good. Also weighed post clamp, its 22gms.

I just ordered a PZ Racing CR2.1 which claims a 10 or 11 gm weight. Up to 44 gms now, that's 1/10th lb!
Attachments
FP (Large).jpg
PZ (Large).jpg