Which Arundel Dave-O "color" for a Black Cervelo R3?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ScottGoBlue

by ScottGoBlue

I currently have a white Cervelo RS with gloss white Arundel Dave-O cages, which I have loved. But, my frame has developed a problem, and as a result, I'm getting a black R3 for warranty replacement. 8)

So ... when I look at the current selection of black Dave-O cages, it looks like you can go "weave" or "oil-slick" and "glossy" or "matte." I'm thinking oil-slick, glossy would match the R3's shiny black the best ... but I'm curious to see if anybody has a favorite.

Thanks, Scott

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Just show Cervelo this thread as proof of your fashion weenies membership, and they ought to cover the cost of Dave-O cages in your preferred color (whatever the FW's vote for in this thread), although to be fair, it is certainly within their right to require your turning in the Dave-O cages which matched your now deceased frame.

KB

by KB

I have the matt and shiny's. Either would look good, but the shiny unidirectional look the best IMO.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Oil slick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snicks

by Snicks

Oil slick will look better with the cervelo as it doesn't have much of the naked carbon showing. IMO

ScottGoBlue

by ScottGoBlue

Thanks for the feedback. I have two Glossy Oil-slicks on the way from Art's Cyclery. :D

Hopefully, the new frame will arrive soon. Scott