Deda's new stem and handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cento

by Cento

Jmakris,,
bro,I just received my new deda bar from wiggle,,,just wondering what is the torque level I need to apply? do you have slippage issues,,the middle sanding area was removed on the 2015 version..Thanks for your help.. size 44 190g

Ed.

gmakris

by gmakris

Hi cento
I used tacx assemply paste and torqued to 5Nm. after two months I had no slippage issues!
Just be careful to tight with the proper order (the stem bolts crossing 1 with 4 and 2 with 3)

I also suggest to start torque at 4Nm and the apply little more up to 5Nm.
My stem is Deda zero 100 with a single plate. If you have a stem with a two piece plate you should be extremely careful to apply gradually similar torque to every bolt and plate!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cento

by Cento

thanks bro..Ill be using the superleggero stem two plate version,ill keep on mind the torque,,

gmakris wrote:Hi cento
I used tacx assemply paste and torqued to 5Nm. after two months I had no slippage issues!
Just be careful to tight with the proper order (the stem bolts crossing 1 with 4 and 2 with 3)

I also suggest to start torque at 4Nm and the apply little more up to 5Nm.
My stem is Deda zero 100 with a single plate. If you have a stem with a two piece plate you should be extremely careful to apply gradually similar torque to every bolt and plate!

scico

by scico

Cento wrote:Jmakris,,
bro,I just received my new deda bar from wiggle,,,just wondering what is the torque level I need to apply? do you have slippage issues,,the middle sanding area was removed on the 2015 version..Thanks for your help.. size 44 190g

Ed.

So nice!
Keep us updated

VTBike

by VTBike

Just got my Superleggero in 140mm. Weight came in at 130.

Love the stem -- wish the clamping area was a bit wider. Seems unnecessarily narrow.

DrD

by DrD

Would be interested to hear which people think is the stiffest stem, the Zero 100 or Superleggero?

I weigh in at around 120kg/265lbs, so a strong stiff stem is pretty important, and I need a stem with a 8deg drop preferably, so Deda looks good.

At the mo, thinking the Zero 100 is more suitable, but would like a comparison if possible, especially from any large/strong riders out there!

markyboy

by markyboy

5nm but be very careful they are wafer thin.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

markyboy

by markyboy

markyboy wrote:I am on my second set of bars as the first set was torque to 5nm and cracked,i got refunded and bought a second set then crack hit a pothole and bars cracked again,these bars are s**t and wafer thin,3t for me now all the way.

As you can see here
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

gmakris

by gmakris

sorry to hear that I also torqued at 5Nm using the bars for several months never had an issue. There is a small difference cause my bars are clean without sanding in the center I believe all 2015 models are the same

dumptruk

by dumptruk

Ouch

DrD

by DrD

It is a good thing to remember that quite often the stated torque is the MAX torque rating.

I usually go 0.5-1nm under to be on the safe side.

NGMN

by NGMN

Exactly, torque specs are almost always maximums. Most torque wrenches aren't perfect, so better to try less torque to accomplish the task. I'm not saying these bars may not have their problems but man do i see a lot of people having problems with stripping and cracking who are just setting their wrenches to the max torque spec and then cranking away.

VTBike

by VTBike

DrD wrote:Would be interested to hear which people think is the stiffest stem, the Zero 100 or Superleggero?

I weigh in at around 120kg/265lbs, so a strong stiff stem is pretty important, and I need a stem with a 8deg drop preferably, so Deda looks good.

At the mo, thinking the Zero 100 is more suitable, but would like a comparison if possible, especially from any large/strong riders out there!

Depends on length of stem too. What length do you use Suitable is also subjective word. What are you using it for - intense race sprinting, or just spirited riding? I think for normal use the Superleggero would be fine. I'm 200 lbs, and at the 140 length its plenty stiff. I would think the bar would be more of a factor in such cases. No question that the Zero 100 is a beefier stem though.

DrD

by DrD

Hmmm, although I'm only going to need a 120mm, this will be used on my CX bike, so will be getting some proper abuse.

Was just curious to see how the 2014 alloy on the Zero 100 compares to the 7075 for the Superleggero, but might be better just to go "beefier".

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scico

by scico

My superleggera 42 186gr and 90mm stem at 86gr

Inviato dal mio MT27i con Tapatalk 2