Campagnolo Delta Brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Vdzupdate

by Vdzupdate

Hello,
[quote][/quote]
I want to know something about this brakes, i used the searched button but couldnt find where ime looking for...

I've got this Campagnola Delta Brakes, Croce d'aune. See picture.

What is the value of this brakes? In wich year are they produced? Iff someone has some questions, please let me know!
Attachments
Deltabrakes
Deltabrakes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

search ebay. They tend to go for proper money. Also velobase will give you dates. Early 90's I think and very nice brakes.

RWH

by RWH

I remember those. Fortunately not on my bike, as they were a pain to get them working right.

Anyway more information can be found on http://www.campyonly.com/roadtests/delta.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never give up, never say die.

micky

by micky

Im not an expert but by what I know the Croce d'Aune are the least valued ones as it wasn't mounted into Record groupset.
What groupset do you have?

ticou

by ticou

They speed scrubbed to many a tour victory; Roche, Delgado, Indurain.

Vdzupdate

by Vdzupdate

Thanks tor all the information, its correct, its a Record groupset..

On ebay there are several, range between 50$ till 1000$.. :|

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I've got a pair of the Croce D'Aune & two pairs of the Record Delta brakes...they all work fine, you just need the patience to set them up, although the later models worked best due to changes in the internal arms.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the 1st generation & some original prototype's sell up to 3k+...

micky

by micky

Vdzupdate wrote:Thanks tor all the information, its correct, its a Record groupset..

On ebay there are several, range between 50$ till 1000$.. :|

I donno where you found your ebay auctions, cause at the moment there's not a single set of Croce d'Aune on sale and the most recent sold one was gone for 180usd which I guess can't get much higher than that as a quotation.

sharkman

by sharkman

If you tend to use the the only ones to have are the latest versions (with the pentagram construction inside) which do function well enough al the others are simply crap en dangerous to ride.

Valuewise al mint versions so unused and still in box ar worth quite a bit op money (but the real hype has passed and even then croce d'aunes wheren't very expensive).
I do own a set of every version that was introduced (bought them long ago at a reasonable price) but to be honest the only pair I wouldn't let go would be the anthracite Record Century version (one of the latest).

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I too have owned, used and sold a set of Croce's. As others have said, the value of Delta's is very dependent on both type and condition. Croce's have the early, and less functional 3 pivot mech. I'd be guessing value in the $150 - $300 range depending on condition.

Model year is 1988. Not produced for too long.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I had those brakes through the early 90s, always liked em...
I always found them simple to setup and never had an issue... the biggest drawback I found was the special 3.5mm allen key that was required to tighten the cable... you better not lose it cause you'll never find one on the shelf!!

mrfish

by mrfish

I have some CdAs. I gave them a good clean, oiled the workings and they now work fine, you just need to pull the lever harder and anticipate stopping a bit before than with the latest brakes on aluminium rims. I suspect though that with the latest Dura Ace pads they would be at least as good as KCNC or Zero G's offerings as they don't flex much.

Is it possible to get recently manufactured pads for them that fit the original shoes?

I get people wanting to buy mine every other ride. Normally they think I am pulling their leg when I tell them how much they would need to pay to buy them. But they typically conveniently forget that they paid the better part of £200 on their current brakes.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I once saw a set of deltas with custom carbon face plates, pads etc...they looked great!

sharkman

by sharkman

I once saw a set of deltas with custom carbon face plates, pads etc...they looked great!

maybe on Campyonly? Ik have a pair of customized (not only the faceplate) but in the end they are still heavy but functionwise (with modern brake pads) the on/out characteristic disapeared and they became acceptable even for modern standards.

chipomarc

by chipomarc

These have helped somewhat

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com