Some due diligence on my build:
- 2015 S-Works Tarmac frameset, 54cm
- Sram Red 22 Drivetrain, 11-28 cassette
- Zipp 202 Clincher wheelset, Spec Turbo tires
- Zipp Service Course SL Stem
- Spec S-Works shallow bend bars
- Spec Tarmac seatpost
- Spec S-Works Toupe saddle
- Spec S-Works carbon crankset + SRM Spider
I've seen other similar builds reported in the mid 13 lbs range. I can't figure where I've added ~1 pound over my target.
You will need to toil for hours in obscure German websites, consider dropping to 80 kilos to be able to ride that ridiculously expensive seat post, curse the heavens while you are trying to bead together your brake cables, go easy when lubing your chain, stretch that bar tape to use the least amount possible and suffer with the first world problem of how to get a cadence magnet on without a ugly zip tie on your shiny crank arm now that you have a titanium spindle pedal.
...and it will all be worth it.
mpower wrote:Change to a super light tubular wheelset, seatpost, saddle, and remove the SRM.
aside from changing the wheels...the SRM is adding to your bottom line.
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 carbon hubs
- Parlee ESX + DA9150 + THM SRM PM + Enve SES 6.7 CK hubs
- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + DA9100 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 3 Replies
- 518 Views
Last post by CrankAddictsRich
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:43 am
- 1 Replies
- 424 Views
Last post by 4ibanez
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:10 pm
- 622 Replies
- 103515 Views
Last post by Siok
Wed May 23, 2018 5:31 am
- 28 Replies
- 4773 Views
Last post by TurboKoo
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:41 pm
- 10 Replies
- 2403 Views
Last post by Chans1ee
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:45 pm