Who's got the lightest real build - not a hypothetical.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ransom

by Ransom

CarpetFibre,

I tend to be the same way. I like to think of myself as a WW, but I weigh 185lbs (6' 2"), and my bike weighs about 16lbs. It's pretty light, but I'm not willing to swap out my Thomson stem and seat post for carbon, and I like my full Dura Ace 7800 group... even my crankset, pedals, and wheels are DA7800, and I like it all matching.

I've actually found that I lost a bit of weight just by switching to lighter tubes (50g each instead of 110g), and lighter tires (220g instead of 330g).

Ransom
2008 Specialized Tarmac Pro SL2 Team Gerolsteiner w/ full Dura Ace groupset - 16.09 lbs
http://strava.com/athletes/ransom

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

I agree that some of the weights of bikes on here don't make sense . There is RC5A that has all AX stuff etc etc and I would have thought would have been sub 11 or near 11lbs when you compare it to other bikes on this thread but it came in over 12lbs and yet other bikes on here with the same stuff are weighing less . dodgy scales ? Or are there some real discrepancies between the weights of the same frame?

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I, really, don't mean to cause any trouble, but I just can't figure it out.

Maybe, my scale is a "lemon" and my frame is more like 1500gm instead of 1030gm :noidea:

kgt

by kgt

You always have to cross-check on different scales :smartass:

JLFast

by JLFast

This thread is a great read.... Question for the experts, Im 204 lbs, (due to weight lifting not flab) ride every other day on a 15.0 lbs 2003 Alloy Pinarello that Im giving the WW make over as the budget allows. At my weight, is 12 lbs or less even advisable? Any one HEAVY like me here riding something super light?

ticou

by ticou

Nope, I'm in tubsy land, albeit intense gym bike work has nudged me from 116 kilo's to 113, I wouldn't go south of 16lbs meself.