2013 Specialized

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
JureC29

by JureC29

Dustin wrote:
JureC29 wrote:Hmmm.... So far... every photo of SL4pro '13 with SramRed, that I've seen, it was equiped with "old" Red.... Now that's a bit dissapointing.... So if want a pro level, with new SramRed... the only way to get it, is to build it myself ? Not good Specialized, not good at all.....

But okay.... still waiting for official launch and keeping fingers crossed.... Maybe anyone who's been at GL in Utah, what's the thing with that pro and old red??

Edit: SW SL4 with Red is supposed to be around 8500$ ...

I was there working the road demo. What exactly is your question?

I'm wondering if it's true that SL4 PRO bikes for 2013, equipped with Sram Red are really going to have OLD Sram Red installed?

virenque

by virenque

yes, with older sram red shift levers and rd, but with force brakes and fd

JureC29

by JureC29

Well that's a shame... :cry: I was really hoping for SL4Pro with new red.... Hmmmmm It seems that I'll really have to build it up myself with ultegra... (Not happy about the weight)...

Considering that it's downgrading ... Is there also gonna be a price reduction? Coz in that case, I'd buy a new RedExogram crankset and FD .... Anyone aware if new FD is compatible with old shifters?

Now... I'd go and buy myself SWorks with SramRed... But... It seems that, the price will be around 8500$, ... (due to carbon Roval wheels) which is a bit off my limits... Now... Is there really not something in the middle? Pro for around 5000$ and SW for 8500$ ... ?? I mean... what the hell... hehehe :noidea: :noidea:

MikeMiranda

by MikeMiranda

JureC29 wrote:Considering that it's downgrading ... Is there also gonna be a price reduction? Coz in that case, I'd buy a new RedExogram crankset and FD .... Anyone aware if new FD is compatible with old shifters?

Yes it is compatible

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/03/ ... ity_209270

tobyinsydney
in the industry

by tobyinsydney

JureC29 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
JureC29 wrote:Hmmm.... So far... every photo of SL4pro '13 with SramRed, that I've seen, it was equiped with "old" Red.... Now that's a bit dissapointing.... So if want a pro level, with new SramRed... the only way to get it, is to build it myself ? Not good Specialized, not good at all.....

But okay.... still waiting for official launch and keeping fingers crossed.... Maybe anyone who's been at GL in Utah, what's the thing with that pro and old red??

Edit: SW SL4 with Red is supposed to be around 8500$ ...

I was there working the road demo. What exactly is your question?

I'm wondering if it's true that SL4 PRO bikes for 2013, equipped with Sram Red are really going to have OLD Sram Red installed?

Nope. The top two bikes are actually Shimano..

Roubaix SL4 Pro: Dura-Ace 9000 11spd shifters, RD, FD, cassette. Ultegra brakes, Specialized Pro FACT cranks.
Roubaix SL4 S-Works: Dura-Ace Di2 9000 complete group w/S-Works Crank

JureC29

by JureC29

I was thinking of Tarmac, not Roubaix :beerchug:

marcelflash

by marcelflash

Just came in the store today for my new competition bike ALLEZ E5 BBQ 56cm
tomorrow the weight. then I take the scale with me

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

That frame deserves its own thread.....

NS

by NS

Anyone know where the di2 battery is mounted on the 2013 venges? Is it still on the down tube bottle cage or is there a specific mount?
As for the 9070 seatpost battery well I was told by Calfee you had to drill the BB shell to get a cable from the seatpost so will that change for 2013?

marcelflash

by marcelflash

The Specialized Allez E5 OSBB 56 cm frame is without hardware (bolds hanger seatcollar cableguide cableadjusters headsetbearing)
but with semi intergrated bearingcups: 1220 gram. Estimated without cups +- 1180 gram. I`ve put bearings in outboard pressfit cups for shimano 24mm in today for a little wider bearing spacing.

When I start building, I will give it its own thread.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

marcelflash wrote:The Specialized Allez E5 OSBB 56 cm frame is without hardware (bolds hanger seatcollar cableguide cableadjusters headsetbearing)
but with semi intergrated bearingcups: 1220 gram. Estimated without cups +- 1180 gram. I`ve put bearings in outboard pressfit cups for shimano 24mm in today for a little wider bearing spacing.

When I start building, I will give it its own thread.

It's an awesome looking frame that give another great option for someone who doesn't want to own another CAAD. Can't wait to see it built up. You should put some hollowgrams on it to confuse people.

hmai18

by hmai18

marcelflash wrote:Just came in the store today for my new competition bike ALLEZ E5 BBQ 56cm

:shock: WANT.

THSdrummer

by THSdrummer

First post, so I apologize for my newbie status.

Currently chasing a Allez configured with Apex. May I have the price point for the 2013 Allez Apex? Debating if I should wait it out and get the newer frame and components, or snatch up the clearance bike now.

Thank you!
2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3 - 8.08Kg
(Just began the weight reduction process)

CBJ

by CBJ

THSdrummer wrote:First post, so I apologize for my newbie status.

Currently chasing a Allez configured with Apex. May I have the price point for the 2013 Allez Apex? Debating if I should wait it out and get the newer frame and components, or snatch up the clearance bike now.

Thank you!

Without even knowing anything about pricing I say get the clearance bike and use the difference to upgrade the wheelset. Just a thought.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

NS wrote:Anyone know where the di2 battery is mounted on the 2013 venges? Is it still on the down tube bottle cage or is there a specific mount?
As for the 9070 seatpost battery well I was told by Calfee you had to drill the BB shell to get a cable from the seatpost so will that change for 2013?

for 2013 specialized has an optional under-the-bb mount. its pretty cool, mounts where the bb cable guide was, and comes with a shroud for the whole thing so it looks more like an extension of the frame.
for any seatpost battery, whether the bb shell has to be drilled or not really depends on the frame. most metal frames, and some carbon ones (tube-to-tube comes to mind), have their seat tube terminate at a closed bb shell. therefore, theres no way to get the wire in without drilling. other frames are more open, with tube shapes flowing from one to the next, although sometimes there are supporting walls on those too.