Carbon water bottle cages what to get?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dgasmd

by dgasmd

1415chris wrote:-1 for Wassertrager, don't understand these +s. Very poor finish and weight not up to today's ww standards :)
Had one and I wasn't happy at all (years ago).

IMO, there is no competition for Smud cages, in this category. I had his first version, few years ago. At that time, similar weight but much better finish than tune. Now using his 5g cages.
Very happy, they work perfectly and look very minimalistic which is a huge :thumbup: And you can get ud finish.

Only problem with them, at least for me, is getting a hold of the manufacturer. I have tried several times and nothing to this date. :noidea: :smartass: :noidea:

artray

by artray

Tune skyline , only 4grms . I found that it sometimes was quite hard to get the bottle out, so I put a small bit of tape just where the screws [nylon screws in my case] are and it works perfect .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Tune or BTP cages are your best and lightest bet.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

milroy

by milroy

I lost a number of bidons from my Tune cages. Particularly the one on the seat tube. After I lost a spares canister, I had enough and changed to Mandible.

I think it helps if you don't fully fill your bottle, nevertheless I didn't find the Tune cages secure. Our bad roads don't help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I have never lost a bottle with the Tune cages. not even when using them for MTB.

oh well, I better not typed this as people only tend to believe the bad reviews.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!