New Willier 101..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

+1
Look 695 has that also as well as specialized SL4 and I don't get it. It just makes it look like a "mistake" as you say.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Seems to be a steal at £2,300 for the frameset, well under the superleggeras cost. It's interesting to see how it fits into Wiliers lineup, I suppose it's not a cento uno, all rounder replacement but more of a sprinters bike like how BMC are organising their offerings with the Timemachine and Teammachine.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

America is apparently getting screwed on the Cento1 SR. Looks like we're only getting the black with red highlights (boring) and the red with black and white (little better). I really want the fluorescent green frame.

http://www.wilier-usa.com/en/products/r ... /cento1sr/
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

ultyguy

by ultyguy

mrowkoob wrote:
metanoize wrote:I'm hoping the ISP fad stops right here. Ridley is seeing the light with new Helium.

All Wilier ISP´s have the feature that you can cut the ISP and mount a regular seatpost.

How would this work once you chopped the original ISP off? Would you just add a normal seat collar and go? Any other mod?

Thanks, I'm looking at a used 101 that has been chopped too far.

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Love ISP, for all but travelling and packing difficulties. , but I saw somewhere the Cento iSP takes a small bore seat post. Make sure it's long enough
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

The Cento1 Takes 31.6 seatpost and you just add a regular collar.
If it´s only an inch or less short there is a longer Ritchey Stubby available which is 70 mm instead of 50 mm which might be enough in some cases.

I dont understand whose with problems traveeling with ISP´s especially if you have campy parts on it.
You just simply remove one crankarm instead. Easily done on any Ultra torque crankset.
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

mrowkoob wrote:
I dont understand whose with problems traveeling with ISP´s especially if you have campy parts on it.
You just simply remove one crankarm instead. Easily done on any Ultra torque crankset.

I don't have a problem , once I ditched the hard case for an EVOC bag. The ISP goes it even with a 56 frame - no crank or rear mech removal req'd
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Spindoctor, when is your Cento1SR coming in? Looking forward to your review.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

My LBS (Veloro in Redwood City, CA) got an XL (nude) and M (red) in. Heavy but damn, they're great looking in person. Especially the red/white paint scheme.

Yeah, that's a beefy fork...

joelpace

by joelpace

Heavy? If you consider that includes the seat post its a 1000 g frame. That fairly light fi a frame ths beefy Ride it. It will change your mind. Frame weight by itself is meaningless IMO.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

While the frame is on the heavy side for the price point, it's what I expected. That fork is heavy though! I could tell it was way more then 300 when I picked it up. Very beefy.

But, don't misunderstand. I'm not concerned about the weight. Just reporting it here in case anyway is interested. I already have my frame pre-ordered and am looking forward to seeing how it rides!

kgt

by kgt

So this is considerably heavier than the previous Cento Uno!

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

jmilliron wrote:Spindoctor, when is your Cento1SR coming in? Looking forward to your review.

I wont be jumping for the New 101 - when I have just got the Cento Uno i have sorted for stem, groupset, saddle wheels and cassette. It may be the oldest and heaviest of the four Wiliers, but I sill love to ride it, and is the ride all day comfort bike when the others are really task specific

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com