How to fit a Zipp vuma crank into a Scott foil ??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

diegoddm

by diegoddm

Anyone knows what adapters are avaiable for me to install a Zipp crankset vuma quad into my scott foil ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Scott Foil has BB86 (or BB90, depending on how you measure it) (it's the same thing, really)

Use the adapter kit that is available for THM Clavicula.
http://www.dulight.fr/product_info.php? ... ts_id=1590

Ça faites!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

ms6073

by ms6073

Another option is Rotor's Press fit 4130mm BB86 converter.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

lightning do one as well

jooo

by jooo

prendrefeu wrote:... BB86 (or BB90, depending on how you measure it) (it's the same thing, really)

Not really, BB90 is TREK. 37mm ID shell and no cups.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I read on here that the BB86 is essentially a Hollowtech II system, so that type of crank should fit without hassle.

Can anyone confirm this?
Ride it like you stole it

FoilRider

by FoilRider

Has anybody actually done this. I can confirm the Rotor adaptors don't work (at least on mine). The spindle is too narrow and it can't be tightened enough. I don't see how any other bb is going to make a difference.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Zipp is a 30mm spindle diameter right? It won't work in the PF86/24mm cups/bearings which are 24mm for the Foil. You can't go from smaller to bigger when it comes to spindle sizes...bigger to smaller, yes..but not the other way around.

jooo

by jooo

@FoilRider - What were your measurements for the spindle length and width of the BB shell with cups installed? That width should be almost exactly the same as an English threaded shell with standard cups installed which is why I'm surprised that it doesn't fit? Was the spindle basically the width of the wave washer too short?

@Zigmeister - You can run some 30mm spindle cranks in Shimano press fit frames really easily, using a BB type mentioned in this thread (a few times in fact).

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Gotcha, the bearings must be in a tiny bit smaller cup then to account for the extra 6mm in diameter to fit the shell/frame then.

Interesting.....

These must be the rotor ones, similar to the photo of your's. Much smaller/thinner cup to allow for the larger inner/axle diamerter.

http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/shop/ ... 7410001832

FoilRider

by FoilRider

I know in theory it should work but I couldn't do it and so I gave it to two different bike mechanics with the rotor 4130 adaptors and both said it couldn't be done, which lead me to ask the question if anybody has successfully fit the zumaquads to a bb86. I saw a thread on here where someone used a lightning bb. Would be interesting to know if it was successful. It seems there's just not enough to tighten on to and if you do make it tight it locks up the crank.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

any updates or news available? did any of you find a solution to match a vumaquad crankset (30mm axle = inner diameter of the bearings) into a pressfit frame (41mm shell width = outside diameter of the bearings)?
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com