New BMC Aero frame TMR01

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mr4fox

by mr4fox

the big bolt to clamp the saddle rails is M8 40mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

^ I am using an M8 35mm .... as the one that came with my bike is 35mm long also.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

mr4fox

by mr4fox

sorry. they one i got with mine was a 40mm. maybe ill order a 35mm and save another 0.5g ;)

prebsy

by prebsy

cheers guys! Finally i can stop bringing that socket wrench on all my rides :thumbup:

prebsy

by prebsy

Does anyone have experience running the FD housing? I have my bb installed and I'm hoping i don't have to remove it but I simply can't figure out what the path the housing should take. Should it go under the BB and then around and into the notch where the cable exits? It seems like a really sharp turn but I don't see any other way. I'm defnitely thinking of replacing the housing with some link housing...some of the turns are really tight.

clarkson

by clarkson

Hi Prebsy, I recabled my tmr last week. I'm sorry to say but I think it will be really difficult to get the housing aligned without removing the bb. If you can do it, then awesome!
I would choose over/under based on whichever provides the smoothest pathway. I like under, but if you find the alternative looks better it will still work.
Best of luck!

KarlC

by KarlC

This is not my TMR01 but it sure looks nice .....

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

prebsy

by prebsy

wellllllllllll now i suddenly regret selling mine

Philbar72

by Philbar72

in terms of reviews they've been consistent I'd say highlighting its a great bike on a fast circuit, and handles pretty well and that the brakes can be quirky.

for me it rides well and is comfortable, for sprinting it is stupidly addictive. I can get 26mm tyres onto the rear wheel and 25mm tyres on to the front. the trick to the brakes for me is the right set of pads for the conditions. leave a reasonable gap and modulate your braking carefully as they can bite quite nicely!!!

maintenance wise the frameset is fine, installing brake cables is relatively ok, and Di2 has been fit/forget. it accommodates Zipp wheels fine and broader aero wheels, I've even run skinny C24's for Liege and it was fine. it loves Hed Jets...

Having said that I think in terms of integration, others have moved the game on. the trek Madone H1/2 series seems to be the pinnacle of this kind of work. hopefully there will be a new TMR01 with better integration someday soon.

KarlC

by KarlC

Here is what Tour Magazine said of the BMC TMR01 in its recent Aero bike test, The Fastest of 2106.

- It Tied for 5th place out of 20 bikes - (Not bad for a bike introduced in 2012 competing against the latest and greatest.)

- A pioneer in system integration, still competitive as a competitive machine, hard ride. Potential to become a classic

In its fifth year, this Swiss aero model is only available as a frameset (priced € 3999 / $ 4359 / £ 2880, including special parts). A successor is expected to arrive soon, but with its 211 watts, the Time Machine is still a good answer in the fight against the wind. The integration of the front brake is well solved technically. The cable passes in front of the head tube in a holder laminated to the fork crown. The front v-brake integrated into the fork blades sits under a cover and brakes just about as well as standard, mass-produced brakes. The thin 3T handlebars aren’t comfortable to grip. Continental’s tubular tires are professional material. With a special rubber compound and latex tubes, the tires make a stark difference; both test riders had the feeling they’d never ridden faster tires. At just 6.7 kg - 14.8 lbs, the bike is quite light and has a stable ride. However, it doesn’t offer appreciable suspension comfort.

Image[/quote]
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

On Comfort - I rode my TMR01 on my crappy roads for a year on Continental Gatorskin 25mm Tubular with Zipp 404s, for normal rides they where fine but did feel slow, dead and lifeless. On longer 5 hour plus rides I would feel a bit sore all over the next day.

I thought it was the bike and my 51 year old body.

This year I changed to Zipp Tangentes SLSpeed 27mm Tubular with Zipp 404s, and the difference is night and day. The road feels alive, I have more confidence and control, and wake up feeling fresh even after 5 hour plus rides. I love these tires and they tested well also .....

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/2014/09 ... e-and.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1224624714

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

one bottle cage ehhhhh

KarlC

by KarlC

nathanong87 wrote:one bottle cage ehhhhh

Because more Aero ?
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

KarlC wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:one bottle cage ehhhhh

Because more Aero ?

because bike doesn't ride more than an hour.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com