New BMC Aero frame TMR01

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Looooove the look of these bikes!! I have a few Q's

Ive seen TMR01 frame set weights listed as: Frame 1140g
Fork 440g
Seatpost 187g
which gives a total of total of 1767g

Can anyone tell me if the frame and fork weights include the integrated brakes or not? (this is weightweenies after all ;)

Does anyone know what the Maximum tyre width is that will fit on the TMR01 is? can a 28mm tyre fit on the rear for example?

Ive found a 2013 TMR01 frameset on sale. does anyone know of any significant differences between 2015/15 and the 2013 frames?

I'm trying to compare the TMR01 to the Felt AR1 for my new ride. love the look of the felt but haven't found any comparisons yet.

thanks in advance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trilocus

by trilocus

mr4fox wrote:Looooove the look of these bikes!! I have a few Q's

Fork 440g
Seatpost 187g

Can anyone tell me if the frame and fork weights include the integrated brakes or not? (this is weightweenies after all ;)

Does anyone know what the Maximum tyre width is that will fit on the TMR01 is? can a 28mm tyre fit on the rear for example?

Ive found a 2013 TMR01 frameset on sale. does anyone know of any significant differences between 2015/15 and the 2013 frames?

I'm trying to compare the TMR01 to the Felt AR1 for my new ride. love the look of the felt but haven't found any comparisons yet.

thanks in advance

The weight is without integrated brakes.

Maybe a 28 mm tyre will fit. In the photo the rear wheel is mounted with a 24 mm continental and its plenty room.

No diferences between 2013 and 2015 frameset only the paint.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

KarlC

by KarlC

mr4fox wrote:Looooove the look of these bikes!! I have a few Q's

Fork 440g
Seatpost 187g

thanks in advance

From what I have found .....

.................. BMC TMR01 56......................Felt AR1 56
Frame..................1200.................................1100

Fork (uncut)...........440 (with brakes)...................330

Seat Post (uncut)....143 (no clamp).......................300

Totals..................1783 grams.........................1730 grams

So they are pretty close. My bike is at 7.3 Kg / 16 lbs and is not a real weight weenie build so it could ezaly go down. I will say I am impressed with the TMR01 in every way and it gets complements most every ride, if don't mind a bit of attention.

I'm not sure about 28mm tires I think it will depend on the brand. My 25mm Continental Gatorskins at a pretty close fit but they are said to be a tall tire. (see below) I could go wider for sure, so 28mm wide would not be an issue, but I'm not sure how tall they would be.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Thanks for the help trilocus and KarlC. i was just trying to figure out roughly what a build would come to with all my parts. I had my GF01 down to 6.67kg. It seems that my GF01 frame set and seat post were only 90g lighter than the TMR. I had weight weenie brakes on the GF01 which might have saved a bit more weight relative to the TMR01.
'
Any idea what the TMR brakes weigh? i imagine theyre pretty light no? i hear them referred to as "mini V's" so i'm guessing (hoping) they're small and light.

Are you guys happy with the comfort for 4+hr rides? (which was the main reason i was thinking of running 27 or 28mm for base training).

KarlC, i think i'm in love with your bike!

KarlC

by KarlC

mr4fox wrote:Thanks for the help trilocus and KarlC. i was just trying to figure out roughly what a build would come to with all my parts. I had my GF01 down to 6.67kg. It seems that my GF01 frame set and seat post were only 90g lighter than the TMR. I had weight weenie brakes on the GF01 which might have saved a bit more weight relative to the TMR01.
'
Any idea what the TMR brakes weigh? i imagine theyre pretty light no? i hear them referred to as "mini V's" so i'm guessing (hoping) they're small and light.

Are you guys happy with the comfort for 4+hr rides? (which was the main reason i was thinking of running 27 or 28mm for base training).

KarlC, i think i'm in love with your bike!

Here is a good shot of the front brakes, I don't know the weight ...... http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp- ... MR01-1.jpg

I have no issues with 4+hr rides and compared to my last bike Scott CR1 (it had the same wheels, tires and seat) the TMR01 rides much smoother. Of course a lot is based on your seat, tire size and PSI

Thx I hear that a lot, people really like the look of this frame in person. I need to get some updated photos, my bike is looking even better now.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Awesome! Thanks again for tye help. The one I had found on sale just sold outbid my size...guess I'll have to keep looking

KarlC

by KarlC

mr4fox wrote:Awesome! Thanks again for tye help. The one I had found on sale just sold outbid my size...guess I'll have to keep looking

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=132988
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

hull80n

by hull80n

very nice, i need one as soon as possible :) Thanks for the pictures.

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Thanks for the tip KarlC. I ended up buying that one and i absolutely love it! 7.03kg atm but some more lightweight parts on the way. should be 6.9ish with 60mm tubs and 6.55kg with climbing wheels on... Btw, i think this bike is an awesome climbing bike. Sooooo stiff at the front end. zero flex when out of the saddle hammering it.

KarlC

by KarlC

mr4fox wrote:Thanks for the tip KarlC. I ended up buying that one and i absolutely love it! 7.03kg atm but some more lightweight parts on the way. should be 6.9ish with 60mm tubs and 6.55kg with climbing wheels on... Btw, i think this bike is an awesome climbing bike. Sooooo stiff at the front end. zero flex when out of the saddle hammering it.

Thats great I'm always hoping for more BMC TMR01 builds, please start a thread on your bike in the below section so we can see what you are up to.....

viewforum.php?f=10
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

mr4fox

by mr4fox

ok will do. give me a couple weeks to get the last few parts and i'll post some pics.

prebsy

by prebsy

Has anyone replaced the seat clamp bolt with a hex bolt? I use saddles with cut outs so that would be a lot better IMHO. I'm not sure if this is the right application for a TI bolt...thoughts? experience?

KarlC

by KarlC

prebsy wrote:Has anyone replaced the seat clamp bolt with a hex bolt? I use saddles with cut outs so that would be a lot better IMHO. I'm not sure if this is the right application for a TI bolt...thoughts? experience?

Yes I did this right away as I have a seat with a cut out and it makes it so much ezer to make adjustments. Just got one from the local Home Depot

I also found a 2nd seat clamp on ebay that I plan to drill and grind on some day to lose some grams, at that time I will buy a TI bolt also.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Ive ordered a black Ti bolt...hope it's strong enough to take 10Nm.

KarlC

by KarlC

mr4fox wrote:Ive ordered a black Ti bolt...hope it's strong enough to take 10Nm.

Got a link to it ?

Thx
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com