Page 1 of 2

Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:41 am
by Finbar
http://road.cc/content/news/58978-campa ... hlon-range

This was a nice surprise this morning!

I like the chainset - who else thinks that Valvpiti will debut this at the TdF?

F.

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:03 am
by astranoc
The bora chainset is awesome. Whoever designs the bullet graphics need to find a different job, they are bloody horrible.

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 am
by Wingnut
astranoc wrote:The bora chainset is awesome. Whoever designs the bullet graphics need to find a different job, they are bloody horrible.


:noidea: Who care about the graphics...I'm impressed with the cranks, they look so much better than FSA etc...

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm
by natiedean24
I care about the graphics - and the bullet model could have been better, for sure.

Good:
Image

Bad:
Image

The new timetrial stuff is very interesting.

Is it just me or do the EPS bar-end shifters seem . . . bulky? I would expect an electronic component such as this to be a bit more svelte.

Image

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:25 pm
by hansonator69
I quite like the look of the EPS TT kit. Bullet graphics are a bit gauche but I like the raw carbon and the fat crank arms.

natiedean24 wrote:Is it just me or do the EPS bar-end shifters seem . . . bulky? I would expect an electronic component such as this to be a bit more svelte.

I think it only looks bulky because of the shorter lever compared to the mechanical bar end shifter.

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:22 pm
by BmanX
I have said this before but will say it again. Graphics can be easily changed and should never really be a concern since they can be changed but the overall design well that is another story. I would love to get a pair of these for my bike if I was using Campy and I have to say this might be the reason to change. These cranks could be changed and looks so damn good with just a bit of work.

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:52 pm
by astranoc
True enough that you can easily change the graphics, but it lowers the resale value and secondly it will void your warranty.

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm
by BmanX
All issues that I am not concerned with but I am not sure I agree with you on the resale value.

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:12 pm
by DMF
Excuse my language, but OMFG(!) on the crankset! So glad I'm building a TT bike this coming winter and havent't got a crankset picked out yet, cause this is the one!

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:27 pm
by weeshuggy
I'm personally a huge fan of campag stuff but this just looks wrong, its hideous. What does everyone find so appealing ??

Also whats the differece between bora and ultra chain set other than the ultra showing a little more chain ring ? (is it less/more aero that way ?)

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:48 pm
by llhh
weeshuggy wrote:Also whats the differece between bora and ultra chain set other than the ultra showing a little more chain ring ? (is it less/more aero that way ?)


Bullet cranks are aimed for Tri - they weigh more, don't have very big rings (55+) and probably cost less. Probably don't have titan spindle while Bora version has?

The graphics on Bullets do look ugly - looks like they hired the same blind designer who did Colnago frames in 90's :)

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:32 am
by thisisatest
bullet cranks also get the PowerTorque connection, bora cranks get UltraTorque. ti axle.
i think it's the second coming of the VumaChrono, and i like it!

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:11 am
by Wingnut
I think they look better fitted...

Image

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:19 am
by jsinclair
I think its pretty pathetic that they would resort to putting power torque on the cheaper one just for the sake of differentiation. The cost of the tools required to work on the cheaper crankset eats into the price difference.

Dont get me wrong, i like the bora cranks. Its just frustrating to see such blatant use of an inferior system to induce people to buy the more expensive option.

Re: Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:11 am
by hansonator69
jsinclair wrote:I think its pretty pathetic that they would resort to putting power torque on the cheaper one just for the sake of differentiation. The cost of the tools required to work on the cheaper crankset eats into the price difference.

Dont get me wrong, i like the bora cranks. Its just frustrating to see such blatant use of an inferior system to induce people to buy the more expensive option.

Well, there are always the standard Campagnolo cranks...