2013 Sram Red BB30 in and weighed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

upside

by upside

I just recieved my BB30 Sram Red crankset in 175 53X39 567 grams.. not bad. I will be taking out for some miles and I will come back with all the details. On the stand it shifts very smooth and much better than the CDale Hollowgram SL crank I had on. :beerchug:

cerro

by cerro

quess the weight is excluding bearings? Including spacers/shims and such parts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LAN

by LAN

did you weigh the chainrings?

upside

by upside

Yup, just the crankset with spindle. The last Sram Red crank I had was 615 grams so it looks like they have lost some weight. It can't be far off Hollowgram though.

upside

by upside

I work in a small bike shop and installed the crank as soon as it came in, so I didn't dissect it.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

2012, not 2013. :roll:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

todayilearned

by todayilearned

Would the weight on 170 cranks compared to 175 make a big difference?
- 2012 Specialized Tarmac w/ Force
- 2012 Cannondale CAAD 10-5 w/ Ultegra

JensW

by JensW

upside wrote:Yup, just the crankset with spindle. The last Sram Red crank I had was 615 grams so it looks like they have lost some weight. It can't be far off Hollowgram though.

so was it with chainrings or not?

my hollow gram sisl was 574 grams with chainrings AND bearings, so it´s "far off" :D

upside

by upside

The way I see it at 567 grams ... 1/2 the $$$$ and new technology with new chainrings, it was a no brainer. I sold my Hollowgram SL and I feel no remorse. :beerchug: :beerchug:

I plan on a long hilly ride today and if things are good, the beers on me.

upside

by upside

[quote="JensW"][quote="upside"]Yup, just the crankset with spindle. The last Sram Red crank I had was 615 grams so it looks like they have lost some weight. It can't be far off Hollowgram though.[/quote]

my hollow gram sisl was 574 grams with chainrings AND bearings, so it´s "far off" :D[/quote]

It was with chain rings. I wanted to complete the new Sram group and have been waiting some time for the last part. I was running the Hollowgram with Sram Red/Black rings and front shifting was almost on par with Dura Ace. Will see today when the horses come out to play. :up:

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Thanks for letting us know. please upload the weight into the "new" listings. Thanks!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

veganeric

by veganeric

JensW wrote:
upside wrote:Yup, just the crankset with spindle. The last Sram Red crank I had was 615 grams so it looks like they have lost some weight. It can't be far off Hollowgram though.

my hollow gram sisl was 574 grams with chainrings AND bearings, so it´s "far off" :D

I did a comparison of the drive side arm, spider, rings, and spindle at my LBS a couple weeks ago and my SiSL setup was ~80g lighter. Unfortunately I don't rember the exact weights, or if I weighed mine with the stock rings or my Praxis rings (+33g). In any case, the Cannondale setup was significantly lighter.

adriano

by adriano

id like to buy a set of the rings only.

upside

by upside

It sounds like Sram will be make chainrings for the standard 130 & 110 cranks soon.

I got some miles on the new crankset and will say it is on par with Di2. When you upshift it is so smooth and quick. No grinding or sputtering.

cr325

by cr325

Would you be able to elaborate on the length of the axle? Basically I'm trying to identify if its 68 or 79.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com