Tune a 3T Dorico? Other posts?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
irf3

by irf3

Hey all,

I'm looking to shed some weight from my seatpost, a 3T Dorico LTD. The post itself is coming in a little over 140g and the hardware is around 45g. Does anyone know if you can by a lighter cradle or yokes for this post?

Otherwise, I'm looking for a 25mm setback post (not Thomson, just don't like the look) that I can get down into the 150g range. Thanks!

maxxevv

by maxxevv

irf3 wrote:Hey all,

I'm looking to shed some weight from my seatpost, a 3T Dorico LTD. The post itself is coming in a little over 140g and the hardware is around 45g. Does anyone know if you can by a lighter cradle or yokes for this post?

Otherwise, I'm looking for a 25mm setback post (not Thomson, just don't like the look) that I can get down into the 150g range. Thanks!

Yes you can get a lighter carbon cradle. Not so sure about the yokes. But you must know your sizes before the order.

Google 'smudek carbon' ... a few members including myself have bought stuff from them.

billspreston

by billspreston

The LTD posts come with an aluminum cradle now? Had a Doric LTD a few years back that had a really nice carbon cradle.